Friday, December 10, 2004

The MCWL review

Just when I thought I'm still a little groggy after waking up less an hour ago, I read the papers and turned on the computer to head for the Internet, Clay is just everywhere. Guess that's more than enough to push my former crush Gerard far away from my memory for the moment. You know, the reason why I never talked much about my former crush here till of late is because of Clay. Hehe.

Yeah, Clay is being mentioned here in the papers. In The Straits Times Life!, I mean. Tell you all he's big here. Haven't really go read the article.

*goes read now*

Well, actually it's the review for his Christmas album. Had been waiting for it since it was released here. I remembered his first album MOAM was being reviewed and was given three out of five stars. Heh. Better than those harsh critics I read. And this time, the review was kind of alright. Don't know what you all think. Never gave any ratings this time though but that does not mean it's bad or what. I'm quoting word for word because just now when I went to the website for The Straits Times, you need to register first. Pfft. So, just listen up...

'O, How Claymates would be sleighed by this Yuletide gift from their American Idol hero.

Unlike his fellow kakis from the reality pop show, Clay Aiken never flip-flops between styles. His niche: He is the geeky white dude who can - the belter who hits the notes as effortlessy as Cher changes her hairdos.

With a roster of established producers like Phil Ramone and Walter at the helm, Merry Christmas With Love is as clean and polished as a kitchen countertop.

Aiken is the feel-good Barry Manilow who constructs little beatific scenarios where you can croon along to such chestnuts as O, Holy Night and Slient Night.

And what do you know, a bevy of sopranos will suddenly burst into song just so the inner Scrooge in you will be banished to Neverland.'

Hmm, what I think? Like what I said before, kind of alright. I trust the critics here. But if being reviewed by 8-Days, especially Raymond Goh, I don't know... He can be strict in his reivews for albums, as what I know.

Okay, that is all I have now. Bye!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...