The fifth instalment has been out at the cinemas here. Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix. If those local media reviews are led to be believed (but then again, those reviews never bothered me much when I watched the fourth instalment), it's between the range of 3 to 3.5 out of 5.
I know how some were up in arms over the length of the movie (138 minutes, as from what I read in The Straits Times's Life review on Wednesday), how much of the plot has to be cut out (the fifth book is really that thick). It's the same old story. When The Goblet Of Fire came out, it was the same thing. Being the Potter fan I am, I can understand those people who were upset at it. I had read book number five a long time ago.
Or maybe again, it will be only tomorrow I will be go watching the movie. I have to actually sort of pity my father. He is accompanying me (like he did the last time when we watched The Goblet Of Fire, and the first Potter movie he has seen). I told him like on Wednesday that he can get a crash course of the movie by reading The Straits Times's Life! (it did introduces the new characters to the fifth instalment apart from the London press conference highlights and the movie review). No surprise on Wednesday (every Wednesday it's about the movies on Life!), the front page was about Harry Potter.
Oh well. I may be going chatty tomorrow while on our way to GV VivoCity. I was like that when the fourth movie came out and on our way to GV Marina at that time, I was talking non-stop on whatever I know of The Goblet Of Fire to my father.
The biggest highlight probably has to be the seventh (and last) book of the series which will be coming out on 21 July. Author JK Rowling had said before that two major characters are going to die. Prompting speculation Harry will be one of the two. I still remembered what was being said in The Order Of The Phoenix from Divination's Professor Trelawney - ...and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives...
I had more or less prepared of whoever it may be, since the day Rowling made the comment. After all, she is the one who wrote the series. She has the right to decide.
In a way, the whole Potter mania has not really ended yet. There's still the movie adaptations for The Half-Blood Prince...and The Deathly Hallows.