Graduation ceremony is on later today. And gee, there's an attire to follow too. Not school attire, for that matter. I mentioned it indirectly in the previous entry. My father had even made his intentions that he will attend too. He had already took the half-day leave as well.
But enough of all that. I wondered what is going on with me lately. Waking up later than the time I set the alarm clock. I know one reason could be because actually every night, I had written a draft on what I can update to the blog. Okay, one secret being revealed now. Ha.
I don't know when I should do my own mini 'editorial' about The Da Vinci Code phenomeon. I first thought about this days ago. With the thoughts at that time that maybe after the concluding instalment of 'Beyond The Da Vinci Code' on Arts Central, I will start to plan the so-called 'editorial'. Viewing it all from a non-Christian and from someone who had read the bestselling novel. Maybe should say - from someone who is more towards free-thinking. Given I had watched those relating documentaries wherever I can and had been trying to do my own research online and also, watched the movie adaptation already, more views and opinions now.
As the concluding instalment of 'Beyond The Da Vinci Code' was shown on Arts Central yesterday night, I said all those things. But there is one more documentary which will conclude the Da Vinci specials on Arts Central as part of the phenomeon. Before the world knew of The Da Vinci Code and its author Dan Brown, actually he has other previous works (three prior to the phenomeonal bestseller where it really started to launch his fame). Angels & Demons is one of the three. Why that, is because where Robert Langdon actually first appeared, where the age old debate of science and religion rages, where those 'holy wars' which claimed to do in the name of religion kind of surfaced in that novel (given how the world is especially like nowadays, after 9-11). I had found out online that Angels & Demons actually first published in 2000.
Now, what does the Robert Langdon 'prequel' has to do with the Arts Central's Da Vinci specials? The documentary, named 'Angels, Demons & Masons'. The final one. The Masons, or the Freemasons in full, is another 'organization' which may be kind of linked to the Illuminanti mentioned in Angels & Demons. The Masons and Illuminanti, history does prove their existence. Stuff which were mentioned in the 'prequel' will come under the spotlight in that documentary I said earlier.
It's kind of freaky now that maybe, a movie adaptation on Angels & Demons may surface in the future, and a documentary about the novel's plot even stuff about the Masons. But ever since the Da Vinci specials first started on Arts Central, that was part of the trailer already.
To admit, I had never heard of The Masons till I read online on Wikipedia about Dan Brown's future projects. The Masons being in the spotlight for the final Robert Langdon adventure (after Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code). To find out that Sir Winston Churchill, Mozart and some past American presidents actually are part of the Masons, I was clearly dumbfounded and amazed at the same time. Churchill first appeared in my past History classes, even back then when it's the history of Singapore syllabus in my Sec Two days. Mozart...being once a former piano student myself (till Grade 3 certification), I kind of remembered I played a few of his works in my piano lessons and I first learnt of this prodigy in my primary school days.
Maybe, once finding out that great and famous people do belong to 'secret societies'...it's always so surreal. At least to me.