Friday, June 30, 2006

Ahead of matches, more news and stuff...

The thing about having break in between during the World Cup is that news always abound. And it's aplenty!

The press are hitting out at England's coach Eriksson once again about him not revealing his new secret tactic he has ahead of the clash with Portugal. Many are aware so far how his tactics had been so predictable. Geesh, when he has a new plan for the squad, why complain? Isn't this good...something for us to speculate on? The world is never pleased on anything. When England lift the trophy eventually, I say...everyone will be singing a different tune altogether.

I don't even want to think about it...but I had this funny feeling that Brazil and Germany may meet once again in the final. Like what it happens four years back. I know I am supporting England, but then the whole feeling is coming back when my father was asking me last night on my predictions.

Anyhow, I am hoping England can pull a miracle if they meet Brazil after the quarter-finals (if they win against Portugal) because chances are, it's very high it will be an encounter with Brazil in the semis. Now you know why I had never really like the Brazil squad that one bit this time round. Why they may have to meet the English squad along the line, not at the final?!

These two days of rest (yesterday and the day before) had been good for my father because I knew he needed a lot of those sleep. It is overrated when the World Cup is concerned. Haha. I can see it yesterday as I was watching 'Child of Our Time' on Arts Central (Dad was amused actually such shows are on there) that my father was a little tired in the living room with me after this dinner he had attended.

My father and I chatted about some of the news of the day. World Cup is surely there since he asked me about my predictions and what he had read so far. And by the way, if England can overcome their penalty shootout blunders (even my father said that England has to survive given if they practice that hard), it will be a no-problem once they meet Portugal tomorrow. He read somewhere that Germany-Argentina match may go into penalty shootout, from those predictions he read.

Tonight is the match, you see. One is the host and getting more better, and the other is slowly becoming another contender. Tough fight there. Oooh!

Go Germany! Because I rather watch them play than Brazil. Hehehe!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...