I so know I can almost read my mother's mind like a book! I mean, she reminded me today on the car that I cannot use the Internet too often now because of my retake of the O Levels.
You know it's strange I told Dad as I was having my lunch that I would rather watch a movie from start to end, rather than starting watching from almost to the middle of it. I was referring about The Day After Tomorrow. I knew it will be on today on Star Movies. Hey, I checked the Telescope magazine, you know?! Anyhow, I told Dad to tune in to Star Movies because it was showing almost halfway through. And me, having lunch and watching at the same time.
From the time Dad babbled about the time when he watched the movie as an in-flight entertainment when he was on his flight home from London from a buisness trip last year, I had been even more eager wanting to catch this movie. Because back then it was released (last year, I checked the IMBD website just now), there were so many buzz about it. Depicting about what if the Earth we are living in, may be facing an Ice Age in the future because of all the things we had done to Mother Nature all these time. So many natural disasters around the world (in the movie, there was snow in India, hailstorm in Japan, tornado in Hawaii, LA and near Hollywood, tsunami in New York which leads to an Ice Age of sorts later because of the sudden decrease in air pressure). Actually the movie was about a dad (Dennis Quaid's character Jack) who is a climatologist who predicted that the Earth will be facing a major change in its climate around the world, is trying to save his son (Jake Gyllenhaal's character Sam) in New York, where it is already facing a new ice age. And the dad is racing against time... When it was released, it was being criticised for being exggerating (even by the geologists who watched) but then hey, we may never know what's happening next to the place we live in call Earth.
In the wake of so many natural disasters around the world now (other than the bird flu outbreak where many are beginning to wonder if it had became a media circus) - earthquake in Pakistan, Turkey, Japan; Hurricane Wilma almost hitting Florida (in a matter of time) and it's almost becoming the strongest one since Katrina and Rita combined, well it had raised so many things. About Mother Nature and her wrath. Are we really wanting to admit that what Mother Nature had been behaving towards us is somehow partially our fault? I know I want to say a 'Yes' straightaway, but will I say it with sincerity?
It's all a matter of asking one's identity on this world again.