Well, at least from tomorrow after 10.30am, I know everything will be over. For now. The Maths paper. I can only hope it is not really as scary as last year. You know. I mean oy, this time my remedial classes do some emphasise here and there on many of the topics.
Fine. I am putting on a brave front here.
I really felt like kicking myself. I mean, Felicia told us that she might be on the news after she came home from school because she was been invited to the Young Leaders' Conference at the Indoor Stadium. Being a prefect herself, she was selected to go. But why on the news? She said that the cameraman kept filming at her and she had to turn somewhere else! Ha. But then, thanks to the paper I have to take tomorrow, I cannot really watch the 10pm news at Channel 8 or even CNA. I missed the first 5 minutes of the 6.30pm news on Channel 8 because I was in the shower. So I wondered if it had showed already then. Oh well.
One more thing that happened to my sister. The discipline master Mr Wong (Mr Strict and Serious and can be Mr Funny at times, when the time is right; oy, he once had to relief my class because our Pri. 4 Maths teacher was on an errand and he cracked jokes!...to think my classmates and I had to brace for his all-sterness) who also happened to be in charge of the Prefectorial Board (strangely how things can work out...Mr Wong once reliefed my class and he's the head of the Prefectorial Board, where my sister is in), told my sister that her hair was long and had to be cut. I was at first like, 'Huh?' How come, I mean my sister do know how to tie her hair (better than me when I once had long hair because I am so used to short hair). Maybe she was just unlucky then.
Mother had to bring her for a haircut as a result and when they got home (they met Dad on the way because he called home and I told him where they were), I was watching a repeat of Get Real! on Channel 5 (the theme seemed to go around Singaporeans buying landed properties in JB) and Mother came home and told me (I was in my parents' room) that she had bought 8-Days. I almost wanted to smack myself for forgetting that it's Thursday today and usually 8-Days is out on this day. And man, I almost want to do fan-girly screams. The cover! Eek! Guess who? Probably the most famous movie hero right now (aka The Boy Who Lived - Harry Potter) - Daniel Radcliffe...in his Yule Ball outfit (from the movie, I think)!!!!!!!!! Okaaaay, I know some of you out there must be wondering what the heck with me. I am potty over Harry. Get it? Good. So I had to read the cover story at once and it was actually what happened at the press conference which was held like the week before or something for international press. I mean hey, I read the transcript at CBBC website already (BBC's website for children and early teens). *wide grin*
Even at the Movie Junkie Guide which came with 8-Days, it said that the movie is 'the year's most anticipated sequel'. Wahoo. And to come to think of it, the local film censors gave it PG (Some frightening scenes) while in the UK and US, 12A and PG13 respectively. The US case is self-explanatory. For the UK's, you have to be 12 and above to be able to watch it and if you are 12, you have to be accompanied by an adult. I can understand. As JK Rowling's best-selling series progresses, it gets more darker. You know what I mean. Harry had to face the person who killed his parents when he was a year old - Lord Voldermort aka He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. And each time Lord Voldermort appears (he did in the form of when he was a handsome young teen still studying at Hogwarts in the second movie and a voice in the first), it's just - dead scary. You know me, I can scream and yell or maybe even had to duck from it if it becomes real scary. Because I don't even dared to look at illustrated pictures of it. Just scaring the heck out of me.
Even his followers too - the Death Eaters. *hair almost standing on end* Something like Star Wars, Lord Voldermort (who is Tom Marvolo Riddle when he was a student and changed it later towards his final years at Hogwarts, despite being the star student of his time...sigh, some things are just like that) had gone to the Dark Side. Wanting to become immortal where in the wizard world, it's kind of possible you can live longer than Muggles (in Harry Potter-speak, it's people who have no magical talents) but then, you have to die someday. He had to get all the Horcuxes (and in the wizarding world as according to the series, seven is a magical number) but Harry has to find it all first (Harry managed to destroy one of those in the second book of the series) before he does because if the former succeeds...it's the end of, you know. And the seventh Horcux, is actually Harry himself. That means, there will be a major confrontation between The Boy Who Lived and Lord Voldermort himself. And it's almost bound to happen in the seventh and final book.
Okay, I had to go into too much of it. It's just scary enough to think of it.
Dad's trip to China had been confirmed today. He will be heading to Qingdao via Beijing on Sunday and return on Tuesday. That is how his flight will be like. And he had already taken his flu jab. Because of the bird flu.
Okaaay. Tomorrow is the paper and I can only hope - for the best. Naturally.