Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The bummer times

I don't know is it because I may have those menses I got like since last Sunday, today almost everything went against my way.

Our house went into blackout like a few times today. And it happened that Felicia and I were using the different computers in the house. I literally screamed. Really. Of course Alvin who was around managed to ask Dad to call the condo's security guards to find out what was going on. So those techinicians came to fix it. And after the first time it was fixed, my grandmother went to switch on the kitchen lights and poof!, it just gone. Just like that. And it ened up that well, we had to call the security once again. And so after that, I learnt that the kitchen lights was the root of the problem.

For a moment before the lights were restored, I was plunged into a state of darkness. I was very, very low. I really wonder what was wrong with this condo that we had moved in since May 1997. I had been experiencing blackouts not only in the day (now don't laugh, it happened like this morning), but also in the night. Like how many times already. Other that the major blackout which almost three-quarter of the country was plunged into darkness on last year's June where it also includes this place I'm living now and even my neighbours around me and the entire condo was affected.

Dad and Mother came home in the afternoon. So after my parents had finished their packed lunch, Dad launched into action. Well, trying to fix the kitchen lights. Even with buying the stuff to fix the kitchen lights, well, the main one in the kitchen does not work. Or do you get what I mean? Geez, I must had thrown all my Physics out of the window after my O Levels. Oops! Now Miss Lim (who was once my form teacher in Sec 4 and taught my class Physics from Sec 3 to 4) is going to hate me.

When I thought I had enough of those, I was catching up on the papers that Dad brought home from office (again) and I came across this article in The New Paper. It was last Friday's issue. Talking about AI and the possibility of the past and present winners and runners-up in surviving the music business. Yes, I am happy they talk about Kelly's success and Carrie winning the title for this year...but, there is one thing I was totally pissed off and it just makes me want to scream. I don't want to cause any trouble and so I will be more polite with what I am about to say later on. After all, I had a mini quarrel with one of my classmates back then over what I wrote on my blog where she claimed it was not true. I fought back and in the end, tears came in. Of course the entire class was shocked. Shocked, at my temper. I'm no longer the sweet and nice Diana they all know then.

Okay, so it was about Clay they wrote on last Friday's issue of The New Paper. So one of the radio DJs said that Clay had faded. What?! Because in among the same line, she mentioned that the reason why Kelly appealed to the music market nowadays is because of her image change. Yes, I agree on the Kelly part but how dare people said Clay has faded?! They even reported on his album sales for his Christmas album...hey, it was the best-selling since Celine Dion's Christmas album! There is a chart in the States which monitors that! And to think in the article, it presented the figures too. Hello! I don't care the figures, I like what it said of the Christmas album which was the best-selling since Celine Dion's. I remembered I read somewhere of this.

Do people read the news? Oh, maybe it was not reported on our local news that Clay went to Aceh in March to visit the areas being affected by the Boxing Day tsunami as being part of the UNICEF ambassador. Hello, he's an ambassador too. Okay, I get it. High-profile stars get the coverage (Angelina Jolie is a UNICEF ambassador too) but not him. I know for sure it was reported on our local media that he attended the tsunami benefit concert in Kuala Lumpur, but his was a last-minute attendance. And recently I think I remembered I saw on Yahoo News that he went to Uganda just recently. As being a UNICEF ambassador. I tried to look for news relating to that on our papers but in vain. Or did I miss it?

I may not be a dumb but I know Clay has shone even more, despite being the runner-up in almost the same week that Carrie now won two years ago. Hey, I had never watched AI2 (I still want to kick myself for not watching) till the finale was on but I did my homework online after my O Levels ended back then. And I even remembered one of my elder cousins from my Dad's side said that she like Clay when he was on AI2. Even our current family maid told me once that she actually heard of AI2 because she said that in her former employer's house in Singapore, AI2 will be on. So she knew of Clay even before I do! Silly me. She said that Clay was handsome as well. Till now I remembered that vocabulary. When she learnt that Clay actually went once to Aceh to visit those being affected by the tsunami, she was actually full of pride. I understand she was just proud of what Clay did. Me too.

Because for once, Clay is so near to where I live my entire life on this planet. Haha. The time he was in Aceh and in Kuala Lumpur...for once, I was in heaven. He was breathing the same kind of air I did my whole life! I know I sound a little cheesy here but then that means a lot to me for a fan coming out of the States.

Now I realised I'm a little better after typing those stuff to prove that Clay did not fade away, or so some said. And I understand of late I was listening to Perfect 10 and they played his songs like almost everyday. I never listened to the rado that often before the holidays started but not now. So how dare people say Clay has faded, huh? His presence is still being felt here. He knows he is big here and I'm happy, of course! Wait till he has next album out within this year (I read it an online article before) and see what people have to say of him. We the Claymates will do everything to make him top of the charts all over again! Yes, nothing can stop us. Oh yes, I know even being a Care Bear myself (Carrie fans call themselves that way), Carrie will see her fair share of success too in the near future.

Oh yeah, I was reading that The Spice Girls might be making a comeback. Now that is what I call a good news because it was because of them, I really went crazy whenever I heard their songs on the radio and it's like the same case now in terms of Clay on the radio. Kelly too but that's later. Before I really go crazy over Clay (ahem, being a fan), it was The Spice Girls. They helped me introduce into the world of pop culture when I was nine.

Okay. I have to go now. Almost dinner for me. Let's just hope everything will be fine tomorrow. We can only hope, right?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...