I had a very terrible dream like the hour or so before I woke up. I almost became very frightened to go to sleep again. When I checked my alarm clock near me, it was just after 6.45am. I wanted to get out of the bed at once and not go sleeping again, you know!
Tell me if this is weird to me or not. In the dream, I don't know what happened, but I was supposed to make a telephone call (not through someone's handphone) and in the middle of pressing the numbers, some very scary voice just sounded as I was dialing the numbers. That is when I woke up. It's like the voice rang so loudly into my ears and I woke up.
Scary. People often said that they don't remember much of what happened to their dreams, but it's like when at times I think about my own...how come can it get almost so real? When I am still schooling, the usual dreams are always about school and exams and my friends will say that I worry too much. Yeah, right.
I almost went mad yesterday night watching the Australia-Japan match on cable. Before the start of the match, I was saying a draw while my father was saying an Australia win and my brother saying a Japan win. As the match was progressing, my father was 'joking' that the three of us have three different opinions. When he was commenting that, it was already 2-1 to the Socceroos (the nickname to the Australia's national football team...kind of fitting, given the kangeroo is one of those things the outside world will always link to Down Under) and minutes later (it was going into added timing after the 90-minute mark), 3-1. The three of us just transfixed our eyes to the TV screen. Though I was the one who was predicting a draw, I am happy the Socceroos won that match eventually. Maybe because it's the Guus Hiddink factor. The coach for the Australian national football team. Going back to the last World Cup...he was the coach to the Korean squad and they did the impossible (even as being co-host) - reaching all the way to the last four.
I knew why Dad has the faith with the Aussies. He recongnised few of their key players from the English Premier League (EPL in short). He is an EPL fan (other than being Manchester United fan), and so chances are, he does aware some of the players when they are on international level. As he kind of once said to me, none of us (in the family) can challenge his football knowledge. Okay. Because given when I read the sports section of the papers, sometimes I don't read too much in detail. My father does.
But coming back to yesterday's match. It was 32 years ago the Socceroos last entered the World Cup and back then, it was held in the then-West Germany. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, Germany reunited as one country again and now, the Socceroos are back again. But this time it's Germany. Technically, it's the same country all over again. Pretty amusing. For a moment last night, I became an Aussie. LOL. My father even commented that the Aussies only play some serious football towards the last 15 minutes of the match. That is why I once said something like that here that anything can happen in a World Cup. Seeing what happens four years back is a good example.