Yeah, so the two tickets which really came at the eleventh hour went to my two younger siblings. I was well, kind went of skeptical. They are not fans of musicals like I do, although my sister does joins her school's choir (she's also a prefect and in the school's athletic team - quite a busy girl, uh?), or I don't know. We sisters love music but my brother? Our interests are like night and day!
According to the letter that was sent to my dad, we went for a buffet dinner first organised by the company that invited them to go watch the musical as well. Yes, it was one of his company's (the one he worked for) business associates who invited us that - both the dinner and musical. My dad became a 'busy man' as he was having his dinner with us because many of his colleagues and friends and came by our place and chatted with him for a while. You can imagine my dad's dinner lasted longer than we all.
Yeah, so we went to the theatre after our dinner has done (the restaurant where we have the dinner is also located in The Esplanade) and my mother who saw some people who were already reading the programme book asked me if I wanted to read it because back then when I watched Mamma Mia! with one of my elder cousins last November (exact date - Clay's birthday; hey, the tickets showed that!), you need to pay for the programme book and my mother went to buy it without a second thought. I was surprised. But nice of her! Actually we got more than the programme book. The 30th anniversary of the original soundtrack recording (you know, the movie version which stars Julie Andrews and I once watched it on the telly here), a few phamlets about Austria. Actually, I understand the movie came out in '65. Yeah. All the stuff in there were part of the package because I thought it will be more worthwhile than just get the book because I can listen to the soundtrack whenever I have the time!
And you know when they say that this has to be one of the best loved musicals of all time, I agree. My mother even said that the girl who played the youngest in the von Trapp family was cute. It is. So since I once watched the movie when it was shown on the local telly here, I knew what to expect of the musical. And for once, I can say I'm proud to once study History in my BPS days as they made some historical references in the musical that I can understand, not the rest of my family. Okay, my brother is studying History now and it's the same textbook I used then but then he had never learnt on the chapter about Germany, especially Hitler and the Nazi party yet. That was what I learnt then and can understand the terms used in the musical.
Why I say I'm proud to say I used to study History? My dad had never really like the subject at all but then this does not concerns him because he's a Geography student in his teens! He always said Geography is good and ... Hey, I understand! History and Geography are both good! Or maybe because I like humanities-related stuff. At least watching The Sound Of Music, I won't look like an idiot watching because of the stuff they mentioned in the musical. I knew it before I went to watch it yesterday night! After all, I only knew of the movie version from my History teacher Mrs Wee then (while we were learning about Hitler and the Nazis then). That is how I began to learn about The Sound Of Music. Anyhow, I love the musical too!
**************
Okay, done. That was my review.