First of all, Happy Valentine's Day to you all. And it's still Chinese New Year today. The sixth day, that is. Actually tomorrow being the seventh day of CNY (Chinese New Year in short), it's what we Chinese call 'everybody's birthday' in Mandarin - ren ri. It's believed that on that day, Man is created. As in what we Chinese believed. My parents are planning to have the Yu Seng tonight. Well, China does not have this in the beginning. I know Singapore and Malaysia has it though.
Okay, enough of that. I will tell you all one interesting thing that happened to me today.
I had always treated Valentine's Day as a dread (sort of) and something to look forward to as well. Funny, eh? The former is because back then four years when I was in Sec Two, some of my classmates gathered round to play True or Dare (a relief teacher was in sight then) and me and my friends never played at all. So this ex-male classmate of mine came up to me (I knew this is a joke) and asked whether I could be his Valentine. I was shocked at first then I realised that it was in the name of fun. One of the most silliest Valentine's Day memory I ever had.
Four years on, I treated Valentine's Day like what I said in the beginning of the previous paragraph. Hey, Valentine's Day is not always just the time where people can get so romantic, especially if they are in love. It can be love among the people whom are close to you too!
I did wrote here some days back that Soo Hong was way secretive in terms whom is she dedicating the song to because the Student Councillors had organised this in time for Valentine's Day. There was this song list that the Councillors put up then for the conveinence of the students. I even wrote that I went too excited when I saw that Invisible was part of the song list. Guess I was smart in never doing my dedication to Gerard, that ex-secondary school classmate of mine whom I knew since Sec Two (even though we were only classmates that year because of Streaming) and me having that huge crush on towards him since even after graduation the year before.
I knew the reason behind Soo Hong's secretiveness when I heard the dedication today and got a shock of my life too! So actually Lai Peng was in this too! And she acted so normal today! Not like Soo Hong was just too excited the whole day about the event and even told me to listen out to whom she was dedicating to. Drum rolls...it was Invisible. I almost fell from the stool I was siting on. Seriously! I was so shocked that I went speechless in the beginning when I heard their names as the councillor was announcing it and the song title as well. I am hearing Clay in school during break! AHHH!!!!! I wanted to jump up and down as the song was playing, you know? And fainted too because it's Clay! Probably one of the best voices I heard around now.
Ah, even though I got homework today (creating 10 errors in terms of grammar, spelling and punctuation from a newspaper article), that was my Valentine's Day experience at school. Soo Hong and Lai Peng are the reason why I named my entry for today - My Funny Valentines.