Sunday, August 14, 2005

The girl who was supposed to be born today...18 years ago

I am referring to myself. Yes. Tomorrow will be when I turn 18, at last. But then it was 18 years ago, I was supposed to be born today. As according to my Dad who said once, the doctor said that I was supposed to be due today. But somehow, I came into the world the following day. Interesting, huh?

For some reason, I was having blocked nose after I woke up and feeling a little bit hot. Now I don't want to think about the negative but then I was a little fatigued even during the Maths remedial class. As Mother had been to the market yesterday, there's no need to today but then she made breakfast today. Muffins. You know, something like those in McDonalds.

And I was sneezing a few times in the remedial class too. A few times even when I'm online now. I suspect, a case of using the computer a little too late on weekends. But it's getting all the better now. Not good to be sick when my actual birthday is just tomorrow. Being 18 means opening more doors for me and learning what is right and wrong too. But sometimes I think, I look like a kid, appearance wise. Really.

It's the goosebumps again as I saw the presentation for London 2012 team on the early hours of Saturday morning and just earlier on. That is so me. Just so me. Even seven years down the road and beyond after London 2012 Games, it will always be that presentation that will be always erected in my mind because I watched it. I witnessed history in the making. All before my eyes.

I know I said that before but I will re-emphasise it again.

Well, so it was at Junction 8's Swensen's for the birthday dinner. At least that is what I called. Birthday dinner...hmm. After all, yesterday as I was selecting what ice-cream cake I wanted (it was at the same place too), I knew what to do. Quite a homey and family affair and a few times, my blocked nose almost gave it away but then Mother soon knew it just now. But then I did drank a cup of flu remedy drink (it was that which saw me pull through the terrible fever and flu I had the days before Christmas last year, other than the doctor's prescribed medication) earlier on. It was supposed to make you feel better if you had a case of the flu.

I managed to watch part two of CNA's Documentary of the Week - Hiroshima. Felicia wanted to switch to other channels but then she eventually watched it with me, asking questions in between about the reason for the dropping of the atomic bomb by the Americans. It's something I so know and the images I saw on TV in terms of the after-effects, so real. More real than what I know from the History's textbook descriptions.

Because it's actually tomorrow, the day Japan announced that they will finally surrender. It was 60 years ago.

Which makes me wonder - why such things happened on my birth date? Ah, well.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...