Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Drumrolls please!

So...today is my sister's birthday. Just saying two hints about how old she is...you look at my birth date to your right. If that is done, I will say that she is seven years younger than me. There you go. You know how sometimes we ladies and women (some prefer the former, I tell you) don't like to reveal our ages. I am doing the norm.

Okay. The real reason for the drumrolls thing is because of the upcoming release of the movie adaptation of the probably the most controversial best-seller to date - The Da Vinci Code. I'm going to really call myself an oddball (LOL!) if I don't feel fan-girly all over again since six months' ago where Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire was released. One of those signs I had found out for myself along the way...I literally screamed in my head when during yesterday's Entertainment Tonight edition on Channel 5 was showing few of those clips. Entertainment Tonight is the only program in the world to do exclusive interviews with the cast and crew together on board the (no-brainer) Da Vinci Code-themed Eurostar from London, United Kingdom to the Cannes Film Festival.

Heh. Okay, the interview and all that and more will then be shown in tonight's edition on Channel 5. Yesterday was just a preview. I think I almost lost it yesterday. LOL.

I had actually never wanted to finish the remaining chapters of The Da Vinci Code yesterday (which eventually turned out that way) because I don't want to be rushed too much. It's already killing me enough that I am going to watch the movie this Friday. Because I was asking my father yesterday night about the movie tickets and he replied that he will be able to get it on Thursday. At least I got the answer to that. I had no idea how cold (referring to the air-conditioners, that is) Lido cineplex is going to be but Dad had already reminded me days ago to get my own jacket because I never did when we went to watch Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire at GV Marina then. Well, I had found where is my jacket hiding. Hahaha!

So, back to where I last read. There's only a few more chapters left now and it's almost to the ending. *pretend sobbing* I began to realise and understand why, the movie adaptation is NC-16 here, why I am an 'idiot' all over again in terms of deducing who was the real murderer behind Sophie's grandfather.

As a result, I got punked...again. If you know why by reading the past entries when I talked about Angels & Demons. But really (coming back to this), I thought I had sorted out as I was reading the novel and Silas fits totally the description of the murderer in the prologue. It was actually the other way round eventually. When I read till the part when Sophie had said that she will never make an oath with the person who murdered her grandfather in front of Sir Leigh Teabing, everything dawned on me. But...why? Robert Langdon had so trusted Sir Leigh from the start too. Why would a prominent British Royal Historian who is so interested in the Grail do that? Even when he admitted it all, I still cannot really understand! I almost screamed as I read yesterday night. Fine, I am already hating Sir Leigh's manservant Remy when they were all in London because that is when his real identity is revealed. He is actually on Silas's side and the mysterious The Teacher from the start.

And now, Sir Leigh Teabing. Prominent historian. I. don't. understand.

It took me about half an hour or so yesterday night before I really sleep on my bed. Because I was thinking too much about The Da Vinc Code. Upcoming movie release, the novel and everything else in between. Maybe now many are surprised about the so-called claims from the novel, but who knows what is going to be revealed about one of the world's oldest religions in the future?

We may never, ever know...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...