True to what I had thought, it's no longer that taxing (no pun intended, since I took Personal Taxation before) during SW today. It was back to the badminton at the hall with Soo Hong and Lai Peng. I know I missed playing the game. Ha.
We were lucky enough that the Self-Access Room opened on towards the second hour of our break as we had been playing UNO in the library (you can loan the game but you have to give your proof of identification to the librarian) and we were almost getting bored. Yes, yesterday's The Star Awards 2005 on Channel 8 was the highlight of the chatter between Janice, Lai Peng, Soo Hong and I when we were at the canteen before we went to the library. I know we can watch all those shows on cable or on DVDs (like what Lai Peng has...plenty, I dare say) nowadays, it's the local TV productions that often brought many of us back down-to-earth. Making us watching shows produced by our own people too. It's the whole thing behind the annual Star Awards. It's often then I will be all caught up with local productions and forgetting about foreign ones for a moment. Ha!
I cannot believed my eyes as we (my three friends and I) came down from the Self-Access Room (it's attached to the library and you have to climb the staircase within the library to get up to there) and on the way to class for Auditing. It's the third Harry Potter movie. Obviously it's on DVD because it has been the system all along if you want to watch any movies in the library - you need a DVD. I watched for a while (it was almost to lessons) before I joined my friends to class.
Then, the twist of fate happened when Edmund came into the classroom and asked if anyone wanted to go to the Self-Access Room. I was wondering what had happened and I learnt later that Mrs Wee is not in school today. Then Mrs Tan entered the classroom (she is supposed to relieve the class) and asked if we wanted to go to the library and she will only allow if everyone wants to. I was practically screaming a 'Yes!' in my head because I want to go watch the Harry Potter movie, though it may be less than an hour left before the next lesson to Advanced Accounting's SmartLedger. So my hands was one of those who raised up.
After that, the class was off and back to the library again. I know Soo Hong and Lai Peng are happy to get back to the Self-Access Room and Janice just wanting to join them. I just went to get a chair and sat down and watched the movie with the other students who were there. From what I made up (the library is kind of noisy), it's the Qudditch scene and it was raining and something was going on with Harry. Only one thing rang in my head - the match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, the first match of Harry's third year at Hogwarts. As according to the book, it was raining heavily when the match happened. In the book, Cedric Diggory is being introduced for the first time in the chapter on the match. I know I have to drag that in. LOL. I supposed that never happened in the movie because I don't know, I had never watched the third movie till today (sort of). And after that, I was being hooked - naturally. What can you expect. With the book's chapters fresh in my head as the movie progresses, it's easy to know what's happening when the library is just noisy for one to apprehend on what's been going on in the movie.
It was almost to the climax and someone went to switch it off. I almost yelled but then when I checked my watch, it was almost time for the next lesson. Sigh. I can only had those scenes I watched in my head as I headed out of the library with my friends and classmates for the next lesson.
It only prompted me to reread the third Harry Potter book again. And I did. Only the first few chapters though. I need to reread to refresh my memory on what happened to Harry and his friends at Hogwarts, since I had all the books now...except the seventh one, of course. For it is not being published yet.