Friday, July 01, 2005

Welcoming the who's who in IOC and the delegates

It's the first day of July now. Five days left to the final decision at the Raffles City Convention Centre for the IOC Session. Now you know what am I talking about.

Looks like news is abuzzing today regarding the IOC Session. It's like that to me. With the head of the IOC coming here early this morning (and as according to the offical IOC website, it was in 0545 hours), news are coming in fast and furious. So, can someone tell me that I'm talking about the IOC Session all the time of late now? Ha. I think even my friends can see it now. Oops.

I cannot believe that I did checked out the schedule for the coming days here (when the IOC members and the delegation arriving here) earlier on the IOC website. I must a little too hyper up of any Olympic-related news myself. Ha. You know, there's even a two-page info on what the delegates and the members may be expecting when they are here over at The Straits Times' Life! section today. In a way or another, this is one way to 'promote' us! Nice.

I can only say this to the IOC members (and even the IOC President; it's an honour to have you here on this beautiful country where I call home since the day I was born almost 18 years ago) and the delegates from the candidate cities at the moment if they are here - Welcome to Singapore! Just remember we are a beautiful country as many visitors has said of us. And from someone who has live here since the day she was born (that will be me), this is quite an honour.

You know (still for the delegates and members), sometimes I do really wonder how come overseas visitors love this tiny country on the world map while the locals (well, not all of us, I can tell you that), well, don't. Complaining Singapore is boring and stuff like that. You get the idea. It just kind of amused me sometimes. Maybe when they say that the grass is greener on the other side, it's indeed true after all. And if you all are feeling different in terms of the climate we have here, just let me say that it's the case year in and year out. Thanks to our geographical location on the world map. We are very near to the Equator. No four seasons. Thank you very much.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...