Friday, January 14, 2005

Celebrity and/or loony?

So Ms Foo wanted me to set up the laptop for the lesson as she was collecting the money of those who need to pay their school fees by GIRO and I was like, surprised that she asked me to set up the laptop! Okay, I'm not an expert when it comes to stuff like this. I'm still learning things as I'm surfing the Internet, like now. Everytime is a learning experience. Oh well, I guess since Soo Hong and I sit right in front of her, she asked me that question. I was like, stuck to the spot.

I just, well, looked silly after Ms Foo collected the money and she asked me how come I had not set up the laptop yet. She was astonished. In the end, she did it herself and realised that something was wrong with the connection. She asked the rest of the class about it and everyone told her that our class is not the only one suffering from it. The entire row of classes which share the same level as us has the same problem too since like the day before. In the end, Ms Foo decided to go through the paper she let us do yesterday. Hey, Soo Hong, Lai Peng and my paper were with her as we had handed it up yesterday! I told Ms Foo about it and she returned it back.

I don't know is it because I was sitting in front but then Ms Foo initally called me to write down the correct answers on the board. I really had no idea what to do then Ms Foo asked someone else to answer but then in the end, she had to write the answers on the board herself. We were actually doing a worksheet on editing the mistakes that was present in a fully-blocked style of letter yesterday. So, yeah. Haha, Soo Hong, Lai Peng and I 'won' because Ms Foo had already marked ours and so we don't need to worry! Heh.

After that, we began on the second chapter on letter of enquiry, as it's called. Ms Foo told us to read the examples before attempting the questions she had assigned us to do before she left the classroom to find the IT people regarding the power connection for our class. Soo Hong and I were like 'BBQs' (as in Blur Blur Queens, something that my Business Statistics lecturer Mrs Low termed for people who are always blur), we did the questions in the book itself where in the actual fact I found out that the rest of the class were doing it on foolscap paper! I'm so loony. Or maybe I'm a 'BBQ' myself already.

Soo Hong and I were smart later on. Ms Foo realised after many of the class had handed in their work, she found out that many had written wrongly in terms of paragraph placing and so she returned the papers. Luckily I warned Soo Hong about it that we did it correctly on our paper. We won!

After everything was corrected, some of my classmates asked Ms Foo if they could go off earlier for their elective modules (it's after Communication for Business). I checked my watch and it's like slightly more than half an hour left to the next lesson. But then Ms Foo agreed to it and so it's chatting time for me and Soo Hong as there was time before she prepares for her Banking and Financial Services (still remaining in the class) while me getting ready my Business Statistics coursebook. Somehow our topic shifted to what we had learnt in our Sec One Literature. Whoa, relieving good times for me. I had always love to read and so that is why I like Literature too. It's a pity my alma mater BPS never offer it after Sec 3. But then I know everyone will sure come after me because if you mentioned Literature, they will be complaning.

There was like ten minutes left before it's Business Statistics for me and I told Lai Peng we could go and so we did. Few minutes later, we saw Mrs Low coming. She's early today. Well, we entered the class and after everyone had arrived, lesson began but wait, Mrs Low gave all twenty minutes to do the practice questions because she had gone through the chapter already. Lai Peng and I were smart. We had finished it long ago.

I had mentally calculated that Mrs Low called my name in class four times throughout the 1-hour lesson. Twice for asking me on whether is there any typo errors in the practice questions, once is when she asked me the answer to a question and lastly, she used Lai Peng, Hali and me as examples of a question in the practice questions section. Hey, had I become a celebrity during Business Statistics (because Mrs Low always use my name in class since Day One of Business Statistics, without fail), or like what Lai Peng told me - a teacher's pet. Now don't get me started on the latter. I don't really like that.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...