Friday, May 27, 2005

Standing Up for what I believe in

It's the day after I know Carrie is being the new American Idol and already I got those bad vibes. I was reading The Straits Times Life! this morning regarding what happened during the finale and I can sense the entire article was not really nice towards Carrie. Or is it am I seeing things?

But then it's also nice they also had a feature on the past season of Idols on what they had been up to of late. So I was smiling when I saw Clay, Kelly and my namesake Diana being featured too. At least knowing what's going on with my other favourite singers who all first started out in the Idol series is a good thing after all.

But then somehow as I was trying to find those clips of Carrie's performance when she was still on the competition this afternoon online (for memories' sake), I came across a few of the articles that does not seemed to go nice towards Carrie. I understand it was those Bo fans and those who believed that Bo should win were all surprised that Carrie emerged victorious. I actually almost never wanted to say Carrie will win eventually. Because it will be a 'curse'. Yeah. Me and my supersitious beliefs. And then I remembered well there was this one article that said that Carrie should had gone on to join Nashville Star and not American Idol. Nashville Star is to find the next country singing sensation and country is mainly Carrie's thing. But hey, Carrie has proven to be versatile during the course of the competition on AI4! But then since I like Carrie from Day One, this is me. And another I read mentioned that she looked so wooden each time she was on the show.

Hurt. Nothing but hurt for a Carrie fan who is reading those stuff! And that is me! So I say of those bad vibes coming in, even before the finale.

And now when my dear Carrie is being compared to the Idol alumni like Clay, I get a little sensitive already. I don't used to be like that before. Now I'm always scared of what those who were writing the online articles have to say about Carrie if they say, want to ran an article mainly about Clay. Of course if it's good stuff written about Clay, the Claymates will be happy. But by right, I am a Carrie fan too other than a Claymate. How can I act happy if they don't say not really nice stuff about dear Carrie in the same article mainly of Clay? That girl is just so sweet and wholesome and pretty, like what my dad told me after he saw the St. Louis audition episode and asking me the end of the show on who was that. It was the start of my dad and I liking Carrie.

I guess Carrie heading into country can be good because I read that the people in the country genre are always friendly people and not really the case in the mainstream where it's like a dog-eat-dog world. Yeah. Just hope she can do crossovers. Carrie has that potential.

Now this has to be one of those times I stand up for what I believe in. No matter what.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...