I thought I have nothing to say on my blog now but, Dad came over way earlier and told me that...well actually, the tickets to the movie adaption of The Da Vinci Code. He got those.
My jaw almost dropped. OMG! If I had knew it earlier, I will have buy that book on my birthday last year when Mother was asking me what I wanted to get when we were the Popular bookstore. I ended up with a Chicken's Soup for The Teenage Soul 2. Already at that time, the novel's popularity literally shot through the roof all over the world and it topped the bestsellers' list here for a long time last year. Almost with the league of the Harry Potter series here actually. I think it's still on the bestsellers' list here regarding The Da Vinci Code, no? I need to check again.
I knew that the novel was published in 2003 (found that from Wikipedia on info of the book from the moment Dad asked me about whatever the buzz about the movie adpation) but the popularity (and the controversy which came too, lo and behold) had launched its author Dan Brown to fame only like since last year. Because of the various stuff mentioned in the novel as it touches stuff about Christianity.
Growing up (not really, lol) and educated at a Presbyterian missionary school (and being a government-aided school because part of the funds came from the education ministry) in my primary school days (KCPPS - Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Primary School) which also places a great emphasise on the English Language (and not ignoring other subjects at the same time), it was only in those weekly chapel sessions I first started to know about Christianity in general. Also, since I like to read novels which intrigue and/or move me, I had told Dad that I want to go watch the movie adaption when it opens here next month. The Da Vinci Code comes under the category of me being intrigued by it.
Being a free-thinker for the record (I mean, I stated it on my profile to the right of the page, it's the same for the reader to this blog), I had been viewing the whole thing with an open mind. Because religion is something that is always subjective whoever is speaking about it.
I have not said how Dad got the tickets. Thanks to the numerous contacts that the company Dad works for has, one of them had invited Dad and his colleagues to go watch the movie. Dad told me that it's the same company who invited them to go watch the musical version of The Sound Of Music at The Esplanade last year. I remembered my family turned up. To my 'horror' my siblings joined too because my parents had said then that one of my Dad's colleagues had passed the tickets to him because of other comittments. I needed to keep my mouth shut then because given how my siblings react to musicals. I had watched Mamma Mia! with one of my older cousins and so I know of the experience.
Hmm, so if Dad got enough tickets (not hoping much here till it's confirmed), I can go watch. To the movie theatres again after last year's Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire for me after years of never heading to the movies for a long time. And Dad had added that my brother will finish his exams by then when the movie is on here - May 19. Aha. Imagine my brother go watching this. I'm going to laugh. Or is it going to repeat like go watching The Sound Of Music last year?