Sunday, November 13, 2005

Shifting away attention, kind of

Since when using the Internet during the school holidays can be a little apprehensive at times? It's one of those days today. I am risking myself, you know. Mother is actually not that happy with Alvin, Felicia and I using it too often.

Anyways, so I thought what I updated yesterday is enough for the day. It was, wrong. You know me. After I updated my blog each time, I never logged off the computer at once. I went to read up more on what's and who's who in the world of Harry Potter from where I left off. On Wikipedia. And visiting other websites, just not really in the mood to specify what. I rather go to the Harry Potter Lexicon but then it will take forever for me to read whatever is at the Lexicon. I mean the Lexicon is a great source of information on anything relating to the books and the movies. But then I thought of visiting Wikipedia instead.

Then I grew bored and went to the CBBC website's Harry Potter feature page. If you remembered what I wrote yesterday, all the silly gaga over Cedric Diggory. Tell me about it, I want to laugh now thinking about it. I had freaking no idea why. I don't feel like thinking about all those past crushes I had, again. Not even the one I knew four years old. Just the thought that name is almost having being stabbed in the back!

Speaking of being stabbed in the back, you know I was at the official website for the new movie and thought at the same time that it had been some time I was there. When I saw the page for the Yule Ball (as according to the book, only fourth years and above are allowed for the dance to mingle with their foreign guests from Drumstag and Beauxatons but then if you are not in the fourth year, you have to be invited by someone who is fourth year and older), the whole stabbing in the back come back. It's like a prom night in the Muggle world.

Prom night, prom night...you know how I really kind of hated those words?! Because back then in my BPS days in Sec Four, we almost had it. We even tried a petition (I remembered it was Joanne Lim and Christina who were like suggested it...I forgot) but then we failed. You know the authorities said that it would be expensive and stuff. Fine. I accept that. I have to swallow my jealousy whenever I read in the papers or magazines about how to dress up for prom night and stuff! And reading about how certain secondary schools or even those junior colleges (or JCs in short) prepapre their prom night. It just irked me somehow. Because worse still, one of my cousins did went for her school's prom night back then. Not saying which secondary school she comes from but then it's a school of good calibre. And you know, from what I know, many of the JCs here do have their prom night for their graduating students. And someone is in a JC and it's his A levels year as well. The guy I once never tell that I had a crush on him.

I am going to be freaking jealous all over again if someone mentions the prom night word. The event my alma mater almost had but bowed out because of expenses. We are just a neighbourhood school, get it?

Now to what happened today. I almost thought it's a Monday when I woke up after 9am, you know. So embarrassing. I went to brush my teeth then took a shower before having my breakfast - chocolate milk. Simple as that. And I needed to head for the toilet as I was using the computer. Felicia wondered in amazement how come I had to head for the toilet because of chocolate milk.

In case you wondered where was Alvin then, he was with Mother after they sent Dad off at the airport this morning. I said it yesterday that he is off to China today till Tuesday. Tuesday night, as what Mother said during lunch of packed chicken rice for all of us. Heh, looks like Alvin is not going to sleeping with Felicia and I tonight in our room as he will be in the masters' bedroom. Haha, he can snore real loud, you know. I heard it a few times and it was like my dad's. You know they say about like father, like son.

I tried to read the first book of the Harry Potter series today after watching CNA's Documentary of the Week - Global Dimming but couldn't. Fell asleep at my parents' room instead till Mother saw it and asked me to go to my room. I went back there and dozed off for a while till the next time I woke up, it was like 10.10pm. The news is on Channel 8. Yes, my sister Felicia was the one who switched on the TV set. And I had to call for her for a news bulletin about a documentary to be shown on Discovery Networks Asia (in short, at Discovery Channel which we have it) from next month onwards on the history of our country. And it's not going to start from 9 August 1965 (it's being designated as National Day since and the most important date in our calendar)...it's from the time the late Sir Stamford Raffles came here. And going to be a 3-hour show. The man being remembered for founding the modern Singapore. I think if he's still alive now, he must be pretty impressed at how Singapore is today. It's all thanks to the Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew who was being reckoned to be the 'architect' of modern Singapore. I had even heard before that our success story that a small country can strike out on its own without the help of another country is a classic example on size, really does not matter.

And, four more days before Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire in cinemas and I have to survive watching it because of the eh, well, Cedric Diggory (don't laugh, folks!). Au revoir!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...