Is this a prelude to Chinese New Year come this Wednesday because my day at school was good today overall. Except for the (usual) hot weather. Ha, I will explain why...
Role-playing, anyone? That's what Ms Foo is planning to make the class into a 'family' (as in like a real family unit) because of what we are going to learn very soon in the next few Comminucation for Business lessons - Negotiation Skills. Almost everyone just laughed at whose going to be the 'head' of the family, the 'children' and so on...we even got a 'driver' and 'four maids'! That's because Ms Foo wanted every single one of us in IQH (35 of us) to be part of it. She wanted to make the lesson interesting and fun for us, that's why. I remembered when Ms Foo picked Hua Long from the pieces of paper that she randomly picked (and this is called Simple Random Sampling, according to my Business Statistics lessons) to be one of the 'maids', practically everyone in the class was in hysterics. Hua Long was in the dark till he learnt about the event but hey, it's too late already! *singing*
Actually in the beginning, the class was somehow reluctant to be part of it but then everyone got into the idea and got a kick out of it, especially which I noticed that Edmund was enjoying the fun. Soo Hong is one of the 'maids' and Lai Peng is one of the 'children', as in one of the 'daughters' to the two 'heads of the household'. Me? I'm being assigned as one of the 'grandchildren'! Haha! Quite fun, eh? It was all fair play because Ms Foo was the one who selected the roles from the pieces of paper she randomly picked. And even Ms Foo has a role in it! She plays the nosey neighbour who seemed to know everything and anything about the 'family'.
Yeah, tomorrow's IT lesson will be starting on Microsoft Frontpage! Woohoo! Mrs Ho told us today during IT when she reminded those who had not finished their Microsoft Access stuff that it will be about Frontpage tomorrow. You know I had always looking forward to that because it's all about designing webpages (but then since we are in a Business course, it will be somehow related to that) and the last time I learnt about that was in Sec Two where we got courses on that too. Various aspects of Microsoft Office stuff. Anyhow, I'm just so excited for tomorrow's lesson! Yipee!
During Business Statistics (which is the last two lessons of the day), we got back our class test results which we did on last Friday. For some reason, I had been treating this as a case of the 'battle' between my class IQH and IQF (who are taking it with us). Well, those who took up this elective, that is. Guess my own class is 'smarter' this round because many of my classmates got more than 40 onwards out of 50 because Mrs Low wanted to know everyone's results by asking us. I did managed to hear IQF's and ours and that's how I knew. I got 44 out of 50. Yay!!!!!! Lai Peng got that mark too.
Tomorrow is going to be the eve of Chinese New Year! Can't wait for that! If I got the chance to update tomorrow (because of reuinon dinner tomorrow night), then I can consider myself lucky because of all the food I'm going to have from tomorrow onwards. Oops, got to watch my diet properly. It's that time of the year to eat, get red packets from the elders, visiting relatives...
Diana - out!