Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Predicting events, writing something else

I really wonder at times if Dad has a knack in predicting football matches' scores. And a knack on predicting the outcome of let's say, a football match. Maybe given he once told me in the face (not in a serious manner, I mean) that no one can challenge his football knowledge in the family.

Because he had predicted that England will draw with Sweden for the match which was held early this morning. Last night he kind of explained that given the England coach is from Sweden (we all know that, both the two of us) and if England beat Sweden (thus, the Trinidad & Tobago-Paraguay match which is on at the same time...the former may still have a chance to enter the round of 16), maybe Eriksson (the England coach) will not be welcomed should he returned to his native country. I knew what my father meant by that.

Back then in the previous World Cup, during the Italy-Korea match, Korea managed to advance but then the golden boy of Korean football Ahn was dismissed from the Italian football club he belonged to prior to that World Cup. Because he scored for his country, at the expense of the country where his club football being eliminated. Geesh, is this sportsmanship?

Anyhow, the Sweden-England match, it was a draw (I saw that from the scorechart we had in the house). Again. In one of football's greatest mysteries, England has never beaten Sweden like since few decades back when they always meet each other. Either it's a Sweden win, or a draw. History is repeating itself once again...

It's funny now my father is saying that it's better to face Argentina than Brazil after the round of 16 (he gave his opinion, given the situation now). Tonight and early tomorrow morning, it's the Group C and D's turn to decide which of the squads are entering next stage, which are going home. Argentina is in Group C. The so-called 'Group of Death'. Every World Cup must have one. Ha ha.

I almost broke down last night as I was writing my 'novel'. One of those attempted ones, I mean. I don't know...maybe I should had written down all those new words I had been seeing when I read those novels lately which are being borrowed from the library. Do you know it's been almost two years since I last wrote anything at that one I was attempting to do? Really...at times I feel that I almost cannot make it. I mean, I thought I had ideas...finally. But it's only a matter of few paragraphs. Never even want to lose heart and faith, but it's almost happening.

What started out as something to kill time during the end-of-year holidays four years back, it's now almost becoming like that. I had still kept the composition where I wrote as part of the mid-year exam in Sec Four as an inspiration that at times, the 'big' words often never really matter. It was my English teacher who read it aloud for all to hear in the class. But I mean really, whenever these days I looked up the meanings of those words I saw at those novels I read, I often mused that the author is one literary genius to think up of such things. No matter which novel I read. Ahem!

Now I am thinking back of all those names I had given so far, or are still in consideration for my own main 'leads' in those I am trying to write. Oh well, hmm.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...