Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Intruging and Exciting

I wonder when was the last time I was this excited about watching a documentary. Now before you all jump onto conclusions, what I mean is about the documentary on ChannelNewsAsia - The Real Da Vinci Code. It has been divided into four parts, showing from last Monday and Tuesday plus yesterday and today, which will be the concluding episode.

But then I just treat it as something enriching for me during the school holidays. Sigh, less than two weeks left. On the upside of it, it's the Dragon Boat Festival this Saturday. Can't wait to eat those dumplings. I know! And next Sunday, it's Father's Day. Mother's Day always get all the hype but then sometimes I think Father's Day is being ignored a little. Or is it just me? Yes, I have to admit...I do respect my mother even though she can get on my nerves occasionally but then it's my dad who is my role model in life. Don't worry, I have idols in the music world (ahem, people like Clay) and in the real world too - my own dad. Tell you all the reason why about the case for my dad when Father's Day is around the corner, okay? Good.

The IOC reports had came in in terms of the remaining hosting cities in contending to host the 2012 Olympics. Now I don't know when was the time I was so excited about IOC reports on contending cities. LOL! Maybe all the buzz will be happening right here in about a month's time or so from now where they will decide it here, I guess. London, Paris, New York, Madrid and Moscow. Five cities left for contention. And from the IOC reports as according to the papers and the news today, Paris and London had favourable reviews from the IOC, closely following behind by New York and Madrid. And when I read today's The Straits Times sports section, it seemed like Paris is a favourite. What is my own choice then?

But before I go there, I know in the case of the States, Atlanta was like the last remaining city in the States to host a Summer Olympics and it was like around 1996. I mean, that was the first Olympic in my memory where I watched the global sporting compeition the first time. Sydney (Australia) was in 2000 and Athens (Greece - also the founding place of the Olympics) in 2004. Beijing (China) is next in line on 2008. I wonder if the IOC will give New York a miss because it was only like nine years ago the Summer Olympics was being held in the States. The other remaining cities, well, in terms of the countries they are from - (London) United Kingdom, (Paris) France, (Madrid) Spain to (Moscow) Russia...well, I'm not sure in the case of Russia though, but I know it's being some time since the Summer Olympics was being held in those countries. Sheesh, now I wonder if the United Kingdom once hosted or not in terms of any of its various cities being selected. I know Manchester (United Kingdom) was selected to host the Commonwealth Games some years back. Forgot when was it already.

But Commonwealth Games aside for now. We are talking about the Summer Olympics here, which is more bigger. Heh heh! My personal choice after Beijing hosting the 2008 Summer Olympic Games is actually...London. I know I'm biased (I mean, London is one of those places in the world I want to go to in the future probably because of my love for all things British...lol!) but then Paris...also another favourite of mine. Very tough. Love both cities. I also love all things French, you know? Hehe. I know, despite the problems going around there after the EU referendum (I understand from what I read in the papers that it's like an important referendum) where they decide a 'No'. Non in French, by the way. Maybe there is something about Paris and London that just fascinates me. Ha, bet you had no idea I know a smattering of French there, huh? Learnt it from reading those boarding school stories in those novels. I guess my love for all things French probably began from there.

Okay, I guess I will end here for now. If I need to sort my thoughts out on the race to host the 2012 Olympic Games, I will continue. Maybe I might had bore some already. Bye for now!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...