For as long as I know, I am a very sentimental person. Anything that belonged to me (even it's my school bag) and had been in my possession for some time, I will be sad to see it go. Like back then in the past school days if Mother said that I needed a new school bag because it's almost spoilt, I would be very reluctant and dump the bag down to the rubbish chute near the storeroom. And closed my eyes later.
One of those signs of me being a sentimental. Alvin once joked about it and I kept quiet. Yes, if there are so many things being cluttered around, it's going to be a real mess. But...as long as those stuff had been part of me for so long, I really don't want to say a 'good-bye' to them.
This is where emotional attachment came into place. It happens for me whenever I read novels, watched those TV drama serials, or even, movies. I mean, my maternal grandmother's constant medical expenses is one reason to often hold us back. So yesterday's trip to the cinema with my father to watch Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire is a real rare opportunity. People around my age who often watched movies sometimes...just don't realise how lucky they are! It's been four years for me since I last stepped into a cinema hall!
For example, if a character in a drama serial is a baddie, I will be almost on the verge of spitting out curses or muttering them. And if that character had died because of whatever reasons or being punished, I will be sniggering away. Call me a sadist but then I will be 'happy' once that happens. And you will be thinking that it's only a drama serial and so what's the big deal. I mean, I almost 'crossed' the line back then when Channel 8 was showing My Fair Princess. In the first of the three series, the Empress is someone who does not like the new princess at all and is always wanting to bring her down by whatever means she can. For that, I often on the verge of yelling curses at the 'Empress' - in front of the TV set. Which led to Mother telling me that I had been kind of, insane. That was only when I really realised what I had did. I tried hard to tone it down but then it always works up again.
I know, I understand, it's something I had never brought up till today. Consider it being strange, eh? Only after yesterday I was watching the new Harry Potter movie with Dad and all the high emotions inside of me after Cedric Diggory was killed, for nothing.
I went to reread the fifth book (The Order of the Phoenix) again that Dad got it from London last year while on business trip briefly this afternoon to refresh my memory a while on what happened after the fourth book, which is being adapted to the big screen finally yesterday here. It's beginning to feel weird now...looking at the name of handsome Hufflepuff teen being killed for no apparent reason being mentioned in the fifth book. Cedric. I almost wanted to jump each time. It's like now in my head finally, I had the image of how Cedric looks like. Because I just watched the movie yesterday! I remember it's like last Monday's edition of TODAY's Plus section, it was being mentioned that nowadays when readers read the books, they immediately had the image of the on-screen actors to whom they are acting as from the books. It's like now I see Daniel Radcliffe as the Harry Potter, Emma Watson as Hermione, Rupert Grint as Ron - in the books! A little freaky but, yes.
Now I am kind of wondering how will the new Defence Against Dark Arts (DADA in short) professor Dolores Jane Umbridge will be like in the big screen but then only in two years' time. It's being confirmed that the fifth movie will be released by then. You know already from the fifth book, she made my former discipline teachers in primary and secondary school days look like saints! How strange and funny, I once had a classmate also named Dolores when I was in Secondary One. But that Dolores I knew is a happy-go-lucky girl. So as I was reading The Order of Phoenix, it really shocked me on my perception of people being called Dolores.
Now back to the whole emotional attachment business. Four years ago I had this like first real crush on a guy and four years down the road, it had returned to 'haunt' me. I know I mentioned this before. I don't want to bring it up again. I almost had - enough!