Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The mind-boggling and the amusing

It feels a little weird these days not doing much of the housework after the maid came home on Saturday. It's funny, that's all. I mean, I did much of the chores for around two weeks.

I'm starting to feel a little melancholy of late. But then, since when was the last time it never happened at all to me? Hmm? Especially with this Thursday it's the school's graduation ceremony. I had only started to remember about it once again like since the week before or something. There's going to be a reception after getting the certificate and that is the part which is making me a little apprehensive. Talk about what, eh? What had been happening to me since the school holidays started? The only way out. Or maybe there's other methods.

But given I had started to understand how social gatherings work ever since my father and I met his friends and colleagues at the Lido cineplex lobby prior to watching The Da Vinci Code movie on 19 May, at least I got some first-hand experience of sorts. Social gatherings...but I am this quiet one unless someone brought up a topic I like.

You know what's weird lately? Since back then rumours of the movie adaptation of Angels & Demons first began to surface like days after The Da Vinci Code's success, just few days ago I had this fleeting images in my head. No, this is not as a result of my dreams. This was resulted of me being bored on an afternoon. What I mean is that the idea of a movie trailer for Angels & Demons. It may sound bizarre now, but then I had read that novel too and so I guessed the idea of the movie trailer came along.

It first started with the Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon (this is like a 'prequel' of sorts to The Da Vinci Code, you know) where he saw the Illuminanti symbol from his fascimile at home, to where he is in CERN with the director Maximillian Kohler where they saw Leonardo Vetra's body being branded with the symbol, then it's to the Vatican with Vittoria (Leonardo's adopted daughter) to meet the chamerlengo, then very quick images flashed in my head where flashes of Langdon in the Vatican Secret Archives searching for something...Langdon running to various churches in Rome to find out who is this murderer who is going to kill the four cardinals then the final confrontation with the mysterious murderer. The tagline? This sentence kept echoing in my head when the 'trailer' flashed across my head - Before The Da Vinci Code was broken, the world lay at the mercy of Angels & Demons.

That sentence actually appeared on the front cover of the book I read. Somehow it just 'fit' the 'trailer'. Yeah, I was secretly hoping also that Tom Hanks reprise his role as Langdon again. Before I read The Da Vinci Code, I had already imagined how he's going to be in like in that 'prequel' after news casting of the movie adaptation for The Da Vinci Code came out. But, given how the Church had reacted to the controversial bestseller, I wondered whether there may be leeway in terms of filimg sites because Angels & Demons is mainly set in Rome, and the Vatican City. Pretty mind-boggling.

Speaking of the controversial bestseller again, I remembered there was this news report some time back on TV about how Japanese scientists tried to 'resurrect' the Mona Lisa and a self-portrait of its owner Leonardo Da Vinci through 'voices' the scientists created from the computers. What amused me in both is that both 'speak' something about maybe one day, someone will know the meaning behind Mona Lisa's mysterious smile.

Isn't that what many had been trying to do from the moment the world knew of the painting? Given that came at a time where it's actually part of Japan's efforts to promote The Da Vinci Code movie in the country. I was thinking this in my head as I saw that interesting news report - 'Dan Brown, are you watching this?' Ha.

Pretty amusing!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...