I'm now actually using my dad's laptop despite all the so-called outcry from my younger siblings. Actually they had a reason for doing that. I did used the family's computer earlier this afternoon, using the old one (we got a new one in the house as well; bought during Christmas) that had been with the family since I was like in Primary Three, that is. I always use the computer for quite a number of hours during the weekends, I hate to admit. It's the only thing I can do at weekends, my friends.
But why am I so eager to use the Internet again at night like right now? Earlier on after I had finished my dinner, I wanted to watch ChannelNewsAsia's 20/20 but then there was like ten minutes left. So I waited and channel-surfed before it's half-past seven.
Initially I thought that the 20/20 special will be all about actor Johnny Depp (it stated before the start of the show), but I was wrong. See the title for today's entry? Yes, it's the title of the 20/20 special. Talking about celebrities given the 'second chance' in showbiz. After showing a short clip of Johnny Depp, my jaw literally dropped and handphone almost went spoilt on my parents' bed (where I was at). Clay was on. I screamed and went into an 'AHHH!!!!'. You get the drift. I went fan-girly again. Of course, I closed the door before my fan-girly screams. Holy goodness, I had never expected to see the man on the local telly again! The last time was during the rerun of AI3 finale on the day before only! If you want to exclude those up-coming AI4 trailers where he was on like every other day, that is. See? Clay had never 'disappeared' from the local telly since he came on AI2. Hehe.
So I watched about how Johnny Depp went from his past of taking drugs and stuff to what he is now as one of the many Hollywood hearthrobs, which he himself never really see as. After that ended, I 'died'. It mentioned that after the break, Clay will be on. Just ask me to look at a pic of Clay and I can go to heaven already. Heh. He is so ding dang cute and handsome!
After the break, truly, Clay was on. Oh no, not that 'look' again! He can just be on the telly and make me faint on the spot. And why is he on 20/20's 'Second Acts'? If you all remember AI2, he was the runner-up. But then he bounced back and is now way more successful than Ruben who was the actual winner two years ago. It's like the final results on AI2 was just the beginning of his career. I know I only watched AI2 for the first time during the finale, but then I have to say the last time I really went crazy over a singer (s) I like was actually the now-defunct Spice Girls. I was like nine then when they were big. They were my very first group of favourite singers!
But back to Clay's interview on Second Acts. Oh my, he is so of a cutie! Oh well, if Dad had knew that other than Solitaire (where Dad used to hear The Carpenters's version when he was a teen) which Clay covered, he is going to be definitely pleased that one of the two all-time favourite songs he had like - Bridge Over Troubled Water (BOTW) was also sung by Clay during AI2 finale. And when I heard it on the finale then, I remembered Dad told me about the song before. Prior to AI2, I thought it was an odd name for a song title but as I was watching the clip of AI2 finale on Second Acts, I told myself I'm liking the song any time. Funny, eh? Still, Clay did justice to one of Dad's all-time favourite songs.
Actually you know whenever I think about it, every single that was being released on the local airwaves here by Clay as of now all seemed to have a story behind it. From TITN (This Is The Night) to Invisible to The Way to Solitaire to IWCY (I Will Carry You) and including BOTW, all has a story behind it and relating to me in a way or another. I want my future wedding song to be TITN because it's this song that became the turning point in me becoming a fan of the man; Invisible tells about my position four years ago during my BPS days when I had a huge crush on Gerard and the lyrics practically tell my story then; The Way is because Hui Min once asked me back then when we were still in BPS on why my crush over Gerard (she knew about it) and I did not know what to answer and the song is about you have no reason as to why you like someone else; Solitaire is because Dad used to hear The Carpenters's version before (I said it earlier on) and it's only this song Dad kind of knew about why I like AI and the song also kind of brought us together; IWCY is because mainly back then this song helped me see through some of the 'obstacles' in my ITE life where I played with the Chinese Orchestra for the first time during the National Day Celebrations and those times when I was slogging for end-of-term exams.
Okay, I have to end here now before I bore you all. Bye!