Thursday, November 17, 2005

I will remember you...

It's strange that when you hear a certain song while on the way home after watching a movie, it really connects or fits. Because that is what I feel as I stepped onto Dad's car. Yes, everyone, I survived watching Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire. Why I have that title, you will know later.

It all began with Dad came home with Mother and my sister. I knew he would took the halfday leave. I told him about the movie screening time I saw at The Straits Times. Nothing matched what was on the movie tickets he got. Because ours is a 6.30pm slot. So Dad went to call back the union and they explained everything to him. And from then on, or maybe after he got home, it was the time of me telling him everything and anything about the world of Harry Potter and the wizarding world, as according to J K Rowling. I did naturally went to check out what 8-Days have to say of the new movie. Four and a half out of five stars. Surprise. But then it's all good.

So after Dad said that we needed to go, we went out of the house. Off to Marina Square Shopping Mall where GV (Golden Village) Marina is at. In the car he forgot to take something and he went upstairs again and came back later. Then we were finally on our way. How strange and odd is that I heard Kelly Clarkson's Because Of You on Class 95 because for a sudden, it can kind of linked to Harry's regret of what happened when he and Cedric Diggory were at the graveyard (that is towards the final scenes) and, the 'handsome' (as what Lord Voldermort said of the now dead Cedric) boy was being killed.

When we arrived at Marina Square Shopping Centre, heck, it has really changed a lot since I last went there. Dad and I went to rackee the place for a while before we went to have dinner at the food court which is nearby. Before that, he told me that he had to go to the toliet and I helped him carried his things and just then, I saw this two young boys walking by in front of me talking about the sticker book they were having and it's about Hagrid and Madame Maxime (Beauxatons's Headmistress) and one of them flipped and instantly I glanced...it was Cedric, in his Yule Ball outfit with the others. I almost - swooned! And the 'worst' thing - I almost dropped the paperbag I was holding for Dad who was at the toilet! LOL! Crap, this is the 'worst' of what's to come for me at the cinema hall as I was watching. LOL.

Of course along the way, I kept filling Dad in with the many things in the world of Harry. I felt like Hermoine whenever I think about it now. So after Dad had his grilled fish and I having the spaghetti, I just kept filling him in! Dad's knowledge of the fourth movie is just purely on the papers and me (from the Internet like the Harry Potter Lexcion) because I haven't got the fourth book yet (coincidence, eh?), I still told him whatever I knew. Then our topic seemed to be shifted to the Yule Ball where Harry has to ask Cho Chang to be his date but failed because, Cedric came in first. Naturally Dad asked me of Cedric's character and I summed it up to him in short - 'He's an all-rounder, just like you!'. Yes, I told my Dad that. That is what Cedric is - good in studies, good in Qudditch and a prefect too. Dad somehow was an all-rounder back in his school days - good in his studies and ECAs (they called it Extra-Cocrricular Activites at his time but changed to CCAs only few years back) as well.

So, after the dinner was done, we went back near the cinema where there are those ticket stands and so on. We saw a few of Dad's friends and we went to get the popcorn, machos and the drinks later as stated on the coupon we were told to redeem. Then, up to the cinema hall where we have goodie bag. I almost squealed. It's the same sticker book I saw earlier with the two boys are having! Dad and I then found our seats (at the very behind!) then I told him it's a nice view because we can see better. Then it's those trailers and stuff and Dad went to chat with his friends. I immediately looked at the sticker book at once. I had to smile and grinned silly as the different parts of the novel which is being translated to the big screen came together in the sticker book with the characters who are playing as who in the novels. Of course, I almost had a gasp and almost cried (yes, Miss Emotional Diana has returned) when the sticker book turned to the scene of the graveyard. That part made me a little queasy later as I watched the movie. Already at the scene of the third task - getting the Cup, which was actually, jinxed. A Portkey actually! Cedric was killed for no apparent reason by Wormtail (Peter Pettigrew's other name given by Lord Voldermort)! I wanted to scream and yell and cried when Wormtail performed the Killing Curse on him! Dad thought I was crazy! I don't care, I don't care...why this happened to an innocent person?!

Well, back to before the start of the movie. I know I will get emotional at once when it comes to there. So, after the endless traliers, the movie began. With the Riddle residence and the servant went upstairs and noticed from a door half ajar that people are talking. It was later revealed as Barty Crouch Jr. (Professor Mad-Eye Moody in disguise as the real one was locked up somewhere), Peter Pettigrew ('Wormtail')...and Lord Voldermort. It was dead scary from the start. My hair almost stood. So, the Dark Lord had a plan. He wanted to finish Harry off. The scene later turned to the Burrow where Harry was staying at the Weasleys and Hermoine, who asked Ron and Harry to wake up as they need to go off somewhere after breakfast. Harry told Hermoine about the strange dream he had and Ron initally did not want to take up till the second time Hermoine called him. It was funny from his expression not wanting to wake up and many in the cinema hall laughed, like me. The Weasleys and gang met Mr Arthur Weasley's colleague Amos Diggory and his son Cedric later on. It was kind of funny how Cedric was first being introduced. By landing out of nowhere! I almost fainted. Okaay. I knew what this means now. The start of me on the verge of fainting and swooning whenever Cedric is on screen. Yes. I am not lying (sing-song voice)! Yes, also the start of that 'dreamy look', from me. Whenever Cedric is on. LOL. It just reminds me of someone I once know. So, everyone (even Amos and his son) went to an old tall boot which is a Portkey which brought them to the Qudditch World Cup site. It's Ireland versus Bulgaria. And whoa, the whole thing just reminds me of Olympics and the football's World Cup at once. The Weasleys found their tent and Ron talked of his idol from the Bulgarian team - the Seeker and captain Viktor Krum. Just like any starstruck fan he is. He and his brothers (the twins Fred and George) even had a song out of it! Haha!

But...something happened. The Dark Mark had returned. This means that, Lord Voldermort is about to be on the rise again, and it's in the form of his follwers the Death Eaters at the site later. Some of the tents were burnt and Harry initally lost the Weasleys but managed to find them escaping from the Death Eaters and Wormtail who was there. Then it's back to school for the trio and when Harry and Ron were buying sweets on the Hogwarts Express, Harry saw Cho who was buying sweets too. The pretty girl he has a crush on. But lost out to Cedric in terms of the Yule Ball.

Now everyone is back at Hogwarts and time flies and the Beauxatons and Drumstag students had arrived to the Great Hall. Naturally, Ron was excited to see Viktor there. Then it was all about the explanation of the Tri-wizard Tournament from Dumbledore and stuff and only 17 and above can enter. Many complained - duh. The Goblet of Fire was revealed too then. To prevent cheating, Dumbledore had actually drawn the Age Line to prevent anyone under 17 to enter. Fred and George are just, 16! They just knew what to do. But it backfired on them. Yeah, I was grinning silly when I saw the scene where Cedric entered the Great Hall with his friends and they seemed to know Cedric is the best candidate among them. Yes, he entered his name too. My dreamy look came back. Eek. Well, there are also DADA (Defence Against Dark Arts) lessons as well and it's Alastor Mad-Eye Moody (ex-Auror) at the helm of things. Very eccentric guy.

The selection day came. The champions - Viktor Krum (Drumstag), Fleur Delacour (Beauxatons), Cedric Diggory (Hogwarts)...and Harry? Many were puzzled and angry, like Ron. Harry never expected this to happen and it's the same for many. A fourth-year taking part? Weird from the start. Rita Skeeter from The Daily Prophet then interviewed them (Harry first and it was gibberish from the start), took their pics (group photo) as well. Oh well. Next we knew it's the scene where Harry was at the Hogwarts corridors and many were sniggering at him - wearing those badges, you know. Harry met Cedric later and the latter told him it was never his idea from the start. Harry told him that the first task's clue invovles dragons (Hagrid had brought him to somewhere to learn of the clue) because Cedric is the only one who has no idea of. Then, the confrontation with Draco Malfoy. Mad-Eye Moody came at the right time and transformed Draco into a ferriet! I was giggling. Imagine turning someone you hated into something else. Kind of wicked. Professor McGognall arrived and told Mad-Eye that it was not the right way to punish a student.

The first task came and it's getting the egg from a dragon where the champions had chosen the dragon beforehand from Mr Barty Crouch. It's Cedric's cue to start and Harry was the last. His was a scarier scene and many times, I 'ducked' from my bag. Harry got it in the end. The egg provides something to the second task. About the merpeople. Harry had to go to the Prefects' Bathroom (where Cedric told him where he would know the clue) and met Moaning Myrtle there. But back to in the Common Room, Ron realised the danger of the tasks and understood Harry at last. Then it was time to select dates to the Yule Ball dance and Professor McGognall explained of the thing. Later, it was to the second task - going underwater to save the one you love. The 'victims' were in the Black Lake in a bewitching sleep. And the merpeople there too...scary stuff, you know. For Fleur, she has to save Gabrielle (her sister); Viktor - to save Hermoine (because he asked her out for the Yule Ball); Cedric - to save Cho (his Yule Ball date); Harry - it was his buddy Ron. Fleur gave up, then Cedric came afloat with Cho, later - Viktor with Hermoine, then it was Gabrielle and Ron before Harry came up. He had a struggle to save Gabrielle at first because of the merpeople in the water. Now Cedric and Harry are tied at first place.

Then, congratulations all around for Harry. As Harry went back to school, he saw Mr Barty Crouch got killed. Later he came by Dumbledore's office as the professors and the visiting headmaster and mistress discussed on the state of the competition and it had to go on. Then they left and Harry in the room. He saw the Pensieve (where you can store any memory you want) and found himself in the middle of a trial which happened years ago. He did saw the late Mr Barty Crouch's son there. Severus Snape (the Potions professor) was being revealed during the trial as a former Death Eater. Then Harry dragged back to life and saw Dumbledore.

Now...the Yule Ball. The Patil twins are Harry and Ron's date. When one of the twin said that Hermoine was beautiful as she came down the stars where Viktor was waiting, Harry saw Cho with Cedric and agreed (he was referring to Cho). Aww shucks. Poor Harry. The tradition in the Yule Ball is that the champions from each schools will start the dance first and it's a nightmare for Harry at first but he got the hand of it later. Back track a bit. Harry saw Cho at the Owler and gathered his courage to ask her out. Cho declined because somone asked her already. It was funny not to notice Harry trying to pretend he was not angry about the whole thing and left. Teenage hormones! Aha! I was there before. I was 14 once. Now back to the Yule Ball. When it changed from a waltz (and I know how to play one during my former piano lessons...hahaha) to some kind of rock music (a prom night like that is funny), Harry and Ron and their dates were not dancing to it like the rest. One of the Patil twins later got asked by someone else and she went off. There was a fight later between Ron, Hermoine and Harry later. When Harry returned to the dormitory, he saw Neville coming in still on cloud nine about his dance with Ron's sister Ginny.

Fast-forward to the third task. I know I left out some things but never mind. Searching through the very-confused maze to find the Cup and bring it back and whoever did that first - wins. Dumbledore explained the rules a while before they were off. Already at the start of this third task scene, I was beginning to feel queasy and went to have my Coke. So the whole thing began and it's real terrifying. I had to 'duck' from my bag and the jacket I borrowed from Dad earlier. Fleur was the first to give up before Viktor. Then Cedric got entangled and Harry used a charm to break free of his former 'love rival' now friend. They decided to get the Cup together because they knew it will be a Hogwarts win anyway. But...it transported to the graveyard of the Riddle family. Lord Voldermort's dead family. Wormtail saw the two guys and Cedric asked what Wormtail wanted and...the Killing Curse was used on - Cedric! That is when my emotions really ran high. All over the place! Those thoughts I had which I said way earlier all came back. I almost cried and all. Really and having Dad thought I was insane. I just cannot help but feel something for the characters! The Diana who once swooned and almost fainted whenever Cedric Diggory had appeared had changed, overnight. So, Harry was being chained up and Wormtail added Harry's blood (ew!) to it before...Lord Voldermort appeared. As scary as what I had imagined after reading the books.

His followers the Death Eaters (whom includes Draco's father) all appeared later and told them of his plan and had a duel with Harry later. The man who killed his parents when he was one. And 13 years later, a schoolmate and friend of his - Cedric. The handsome teen from Hufflepuff who was killed, for no reason. In the duel, Harry saw images of the people the Dark Lord had once killed - Cedric, his parents and more... James and Lily told him to stop and Cedric's posthumous wish is to bring his body back to his parents. Harry did that, with the Cup he had which is actually the Portkey. Back at the school, it was Fleur who knew something was wrong. Cedric's body. Everyone stopped the cheers and Mr Amos Diggory began to burst into tears. Cho was almost crying too. I know inside of me, I was crying out now. Outside of me, I tried hard not to sniff. The innocent...always the victims. Cedric is the one in this case. Lord Voldermort wanted to finish off Harry but Cedric was with him. It was a matter of being at the wrong place at the wrong time for the all-rounder Cedric.

Now the scene is at the Great Hall with Dumbledore giving an eulogy about Cedric and informing on the cause of his death. Before that, the fake and the real Mad-Eye Moody were revealed. The fake one is actually Barty Crouch Jr and he had taken the Polyjuice Potion (you can turn into someone else for a limited time) actually! It was him who wanted Harry to see all through the tasks but his ultimate plan backfired. Wanted to kill the boy but the teachers and Dumbledore arrived at the right time. Now back to the Great Hall scene, Dumbledore wanted all to know that the Dark Lord had returned and saying Cedric died because of accident is an insult to the late Cedric's memory. The scene changed to Dumbledore asking Harry of his weird dream and all were revealed.

From then on as Harry was looking at the students saying a farewell to each other, he knew he was indirectly guilty of Cedric's death (according to Book Five later, he rather no one talked about it). He saw his friends later (Hermoine was with Viktor before that as he asked Hermoine to write to him during the summer) and they promised of correspondence during the summer. Not exactly for Ron's case. LOL.

It left me in great thoughts while Dad and I came out of the cinema hall. We chatted a while and Dad saw his friend before we went to find his car at the carpark. I told him I gave the movie four out of five stars. It was when I sat down in the car before the car radio was on that...Clay's MOAM (the title track from his first album) rang in my head before of all songs on the radio - Sarah McChelan's (sp?) I Will Remember You came on the car radio at once. Ironic, eh? I just sang softly on the way back but Mother called Dad to buy supper first. Yes, I did stared at the sticker book (where Cedric is) I had because it was part of the goodie bag the union my dad was with. And on the way back home...all the scenes in the movie and whatever happened to me when I was 14 and having the crush on Gerard - all came back. He is the someone I used to know from class then.

Adieu Cedric! We will always remember you like what Dumbledore said! Bye from me now.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...