I almost giggled after reading the meaning behind my English name. From behindthename.com...
Probably derived from an old Indo-European root meaning "heavenly, divine", related to dyeus (see ZEUS). Diana was a Roman goddess of the moon, hunting, forests, and childbirth, often identified with the Greek goddess Artemis. Diana Spencer, the Princess of Wales, was a famous bearer of this name.
Divine. Oh my. I almost rolled off from the chair. This almost reminds me of what I read in The Da Vinci Code. Sophie Neveu's name has this - phi. According to the book, that is called the 'Divine Proportion'. Ha ha, I am 'half divine', eh? Yeah right! Ha. Like what Sophie remembered her late grandfather Sauinere who often joked that her name has the 'PHI'.
Sigh. So reminds me of the book once again. I realised that I left out things from the previous entry actually that I never raised.
The Lourve Pyramid. Among the very final scenes in the book and the movie as well. It actually brought me back to the time in Secondary Two where being because of the International Friendship Day at school, during CME, each group has to do a research on a country outside of Singapore. My group selected France. As I was doing my research (on French education system, because I volunteered...haha), IM Pei, that name came up accidentally. The person who designed the Lourve Pyramid. When I saw the glass pyramid like almost towards the end of the movie when I saw two weeks ago with my father, I almost choked up. It just did for me. Though maybe till now no one had no idea where is the Holy Grail's (in the book, it had said that Mary Magdalene is the Holy Grail) final resting place is, but looking at the movie at the final scene, it just gives me the chills. Another reason where I don't understand why those critics out there just don't get it.
I am feeling so pissed off. You know I had been defending the movie here lately. I don't care what others say, okay? I don't know, I had always feel there are always something the world does not seemed to be aware about Christianity. I know about the claims in the book, but then it's like I have been feeling that there are still more things that we don't know. I know this is going to rub some conservative feathers again, but this is me. Openess, openess.
And I even had this feeling that by the time the movie adaptation of Angels & Demons (where Robert Langdon is being introduced for the first time) will come out if it does (there was news about it too), I wondered what the world press is going to say because this time, the main location will be at the Vatican City and its surroundings.
The one thing that writers always don't like is - writers' block. Imagine a plot that is based on - dreams. At times I can have dreams which can be very real. I don't know what will happen if I based it down on paper. But it's weird lately I have this main character (and I even got the name planned out in my head already for no apparant reason - Alyssa) who is searching about her past through the family genealogy chart, or something like that.
Oh well.