But sometimes I have to think, do I really get to enjoy myself this one-week holiday? I mean, other than next Thursday I will be off to Malaysia with my family. It's time for some revision and stuff. And time to reflect what's been going on.
It's that time of the year where people start to think and reflect about the news happening in the year, okay especially for those who are working and reporting on the news for us.
Sheesh. You know today is the last day of school and I knew Janice was so happy. I was not really. Mother will be even more strict with my computer usage! Don't think she has no friends at all. She has her connections and so she is aware of the exams and stuff which may come up in my school calendar because she has a friend whose child is also studying at ITE too. This is what I told Soo Hong about. There is nothing I can really hide from Mother. After all really, there is a CA in about three weeks time.
She has her 'feelers', people. Don't try to pity me. I don't like such things. And I MEAN IT!
So, what should I bring up today? What event in 2005 eh? Ah, the IOC Session. The event which made it all stood out, despite all the not so nice things which happened this year.
Everyone had expected how much of a scale the event will be when it will be also known from here of where the 2012 Olympics will be held. But no one really, had expected it will be so big. We got all tensed up, discussing which will be the favourites and not. Will big favourite Paris win easily, or its traditional rival London snatch it from behind, or will the warmness and huge support of the people in Madrid won over the IOC members, or who knows the resilience of the Americans especially the New Yorkers after 9/11 will be a key factor and even, the rich history Moscow has to offer will be the advantage. But somehow London kept grabbing the headlines now and then, for all the reasons. They wanted to make their statements loud for all to hear. And it paid off for them.
But things can really changed overnight. You know what I mean. Whatever had happened halfway back home had hit Singapore almost instantly. The...bombings. But it make London even better than before.
And its effects on us? I mean, the IOC Session. At least there are some attention from the international media. And we may be hosting the IOC Session and Congress four years later. That had to depend on whether our 'bid' is successful or not. Because getting the IOC Session here in July is no easy feat too. It's also a case of the 'bidding' too.
It also resulted one thing within the family for my case. My dad, has never mentioned anything about Sebastian Coe till I know he is the leader for the London bid. The events of the 1980 Moscow Games is still fresh in Dad's mind. From then on, when we see any track events on TV, Dad will immediately say the name at once. Ha. Or sort of. My dad loves long distance runnings and so it is not a surprise he remembers that name.