Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Those eventful times

It's all happening today. So it seems to me. Strangely when today's also the last day of Felicia's paper for Science.

I was muttering a 'darn' in my head when Mother called from work today this morning that she will be bringing Alvin, Felicia (that is after her classes had ended for the day at 1pm) and I out today. It was then I remembered about Felicia's last paper was being today as well. Maybe Mother wanted to use this chance to go out. Why the 'darn' from me? I was using the Internet then and before answering the phone (the maid and grandmother were out because of my grandmother's check-up and so I am alone at home; Alvin is in school for his extra lessons), I had the background music soften. You want me to create evidence, no?

Little did I realised that after Alvin and returned home and when he called Mother that we were on our way out and she telling him to take a shower first, I would never realised that the day ahead will be, eventful. One of my pair of shoe's base almost gave way and after Alvin's phone call to Mother (we were outside at my alma mater) about it, she told him that we will still go to Junction 8 anyway. But there was a struggle. Now this time it's not just one of the shoes' base almost gave way, the other one too. Ouch! I still managed to survive boarding the bus with my brother Alvin though. And we saw our second aunt there too. Coincidence! Because today before we were about to enter the lift to go downstairs, the lift opened and it was the family maid and our grandmother.

After we met Mother at the bus-interchange (where she told Alvin on the phone beforehand that it would be the actual meeting place, not inside the Junction 8 because of my pair of shoes saga. Fine, one of the bases finally gave way along the way and Mother told me to throw it. I was actually so happy to do so. Yes, one of those very rare times I am so happy to throw something away. I can be that sentimental sometimes over things. So, Mother knew she had to get me a new pair at once. We went to the Seiyu department store and we found a pair which was instantly towards my liking when I first saw it. And when the salesperson suggested a size for me and went to get it, Mother commented like it was a size 6. Size 6, eh? I am wearing a size 5, hey! Don't blame me, blame my feet which is growing so slowly. Eek. But then after all the testing and stuff and buying with me having to wear it at once because of the state of my previous pair I am wearing, I began to realise - I am beginning to wear a size 6. Aha! Mother asked me where were my toes at my new pair as we were walking. Phooey! Godd news, sort of.

You know I am being 'potty' again is when I am staring at those Harry Potter books at the Popular bookstore because of Felicia needed to get an ink refiller and Mother wanting to get few Science assessment books for Felicia under the latter's tution teacher recommendations about Felicia's current Science standards. For now, I had only left with the first two books (The Philosopher's Stone, The Chamber of Secrets) and the one which will be adapted for the movie screens next week (The Goblet of Fire - book four). That is, if you naturally rule out the seventh and final book of the series. Because that hasn't been given a title by JK Rowling herself and it will only be released to the public two years later (as according to CBBC's Newsround). So...I went to search around those I haven't got (it's that kiasu mentality of wanting to have it all of the collection, for now) and to my shock - I never saw any copy of The Goblet of Fire, anywhere. I almost wanted to scream. Hey, is this a plan of sorts because of the new movie out next week? Because I only saw the first two books and I know I have to get it. I looked at the price before showing it to Mother that it was kind of rather reasonable (afterall, she's also a Popular card member). She had her doubts when I showed it to her. I knew what she meant. Dad might not like it. But oy, I had finished the latest one last week! I tried to read Chicken Soup for The Teenage's Soul yesterday but then, with only that much luck.

I still got the books I wanted. With only The Goblet of Fire left for me. Oh well! Two years. Anything can happen in between before the final book is released.

It's getting more and more weird. Now am I going to be the only one going to watch the fourth film when it releases here, or still with Mother? I remembered Dad, Alvin were discussing this yesterday and I went confused.

Back to the shopping adventure. Oh yeah. You know Mother wanted me to get out of the house is because of wanting to 'upgrade' my wardrobe. She was right. But at least it was not bad after all. If you want to minus off how tired I was when we all got home after buying takeaway dinner. Yeah.

I still managed to survive revising the Maths this time. Despite me being eager and reading different parts of the two Harry Potters I bought today, ie. jumping the chapters. I had to find a time to really read from start to end, trying to recall from what I saw in the first two movies. Ain't if not for the first movie on DVD, I don't think I will go 'potty' since. LOL!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...