It's weird. Weird that I always feel a very odd feeling whenever I think back how Cedric Diggory got killed in the fourth Harry Potter movie. Yeah, it did happened in the movie and in the book as well.
It's like this afternoon when I tried to remember of the minor details that happened in the movie, I still feel like crying all over again. I mean, when Harry came back to school with the Cup and Cedric's body, he was crying. Loudly even. The Boy Who Lived had let out all his emotions. Because he had witnessed a death of his schoolmate, competitor and former 'love rival'! I had read a movie review that Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) really put in all his emotions when he cried over Cedric's body, not wanting to move till Mad-Eye Moody (Barty Crouch Jr in disguise!) pulled him away.
Yes, I am emotional. I know I had said it before. But it's weird that I never cried so much during my maternal grandfather's funeral three years ago. I was trying hard to put on a brave front then. I know I never really cried as much as my mother and aunts did. Maybe I really never understand the whole logic behind mourning someone you love during the funeral then. It took me months to realise the pain is still there. It was only then I really feel like crying out loud over the death of my maternal grandfather. But, it's too late. Death is something none of us on this Earth can avoid but I only fully understood it after the demise of my maternal grandfather because of stroke (and the thing is - my grandfather never smoked or drank at all in his lifetime).
I had learnt to deal and cope without the presence of my late maternal grandfather. Of course initally whenever I went past the room he shared with his wife, I always feel weird that his bed is no longer there. It's only my grandmother's now. And the maid's matress there and the cupboard and so on.
Now link that to the fourth Harry Potter movie. Now whenever I read Harry Potter related editiorials online now and the Cedric word came on, I will get chills at once. Come on, it's just reminds me so much of my late maternal grandfather! Maybe I need some time to move on, you know! While I never witnessed my late maternal grandfather's death (we only knew it through the doctor's phone call that my grandfather could not held it out any time longer), I witnessed a character from the Harry Potter series death on the movie screen. What is this - fictional deaths is more better to deal with than real ones? I don't know. Look, when my grandfather died, it was February 4, 2002. I remembered the date well. It's a Monday too. I am 14-going on-15. When the fourth instalment of the Harry Potter movie came out here, it's 17 November 2005 and a Thursday. My 18th birthday had already been passed like three months back. Many stuff can happen and be learnt within those timings.
It then struck me on what I realised. Yes, Cedric died of a wrongful death. He never asked for it. He was just someone who wanted to share the win with Harry on the Tri-Wizard Tournament by saying to Harry that they will get the Cup together. On the other hand, Harry knew Lord Voldermort had always wanted to finish him off from the time the Dark Lord met his parents and killed them (he never wanted to kill Harry's mother Lily but she wanted to save her one-year-old son). It had nothing to do with Cedric. At all. Harry's telling to Hermione of the weird dream he had was already the sign of what's to come, eventually. Did the handsome teen from Hufflepuff, an all-rounder knew of all these? No. Does his father Amos knew too? Nope. He only knew his son once beat Harry in getting the Snitch in Harry's third year. It's also when we, the readers get our first glimpse of the handsome teen from Hufflepuff. Of course his son's death is a real big blow to him. He had always been proud of his son's achievements in Qudditch but Cedric, always the modest one told his father that it was an accident that Harry fell from his broom (I went back to reread the chapter about the match from the third book on Friday night again and it was the case of Harry 'meeting' the Dementors and it distracted him as a result and led to a Hufflepuff win. As according to the book, Cedric had indeed got the Snitch and wanted to call for a re-match after he saw Harry fell but everyone had see that Hufflepuff won fairly.). The sign of a Mr. Nice Guy. And it showed. Hey, I only depend on online articles to back up, you know. Remember - I never had Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire, the novel as yet.
Getting on with someone's death is always painful to do, but something has to be done. Whether it happens in fiction or in real life.
On the other hand, I was giggling non-stop again this afternoon as my online friend told me to notice the change in her display pic and I said an okay and when it happened, I almost fell! I went into giggles again because it's a Cedric display pic! Oh my! We were just laughing and giggling as a result. Darn, asking me to get on with life after what happened four years ago and it happened again!
Please, I have to move on. But memories will always be a part of me.