I almost feel like kicking myself for not keeping the newspaper article about why the local church communities are not really happy prior to the release of The Da Vinci Code movie. It came out like two weeks ago or something like that on the Sunday's version of ST at that time. I only remembered I made a mention on my blog here. Now that can prove a clue to what maybe I can add in my 'editorial'.
Because I was reading yesterday's papers and there is one more commentary from one of the ST journalists about why religion is in vogue all over again. The main reason - The Da Vinci Code. The novel where it became the launching pad of sorts for many out there to discuss about the religion we all know all over again, or at least for me, I thought I knew. Really, it had dealt a real heavy blow to me that maybe there has been a cover-up all along. Or is it?
All the faithful can slam at me now. Or maybe oops...those I know who are devouted to Christianity as well if they know of this! But then really, I was actually surprised that in this famous musical I had heard of - Jesus Christ Superstar, there is this famous song in the musical (I Don't Know How To Love Him) which maybe I had heard it before on radio, is about the (maybe) union between Mary Magdalene and Jesus. That is the first shocker for me. The second one - in the musical (as being mentioned in the commentary yesterday as well other than the first one I mentioned), the 'traitor' Judas is being potrayed as a charismatic man, or something like that.
Okay, so the first shocker crept its way again into The Da Vinci Code. The second one made its way into the National Geographic's The Gospel of Judas which actually incidentally made its on-air premiere near to the Easter period this year. Don't tell me, like maybe it was indirectly mentioned in the novel I read, all these 'clues' were actually around all along, but then it's like the general public is not really aware of it? Till a New York Times bestseller came along, maybe. Ha.
I briefly one saw one more commentary from another ST journalist (again) in today's papers this morning and from what I get, maybe somehow it's not the kind I may want to read like yesterday's one. Okay, the human nature in me is coming back. Me, choosing what I want to agree and not, all you people will surely want to say again! I am clearly very angry whenever I think of this. Everytime I tried to sit back and think of whatever I had been reading online and watching those documentaries, some of the things almost became clear to me once again that maybe, there is an element of truth in it. I really need to put this all down if I want to write my 'editorial'. Ughhh, guess this is the first time I realised that trying to collect all the ideas and evidence for writing an editorial is just hard.
I am someone who has my own set of 'superstition'. Haha. And I think maybe it had kind of came true yesterday as I was watching the England-Paraguay match with my father and brother yesterday night on cable. England's opening campaign in this World Cup. It's 1-0. You know when the goal happened, I was actually not really focusing the televsion set much. Goodness me what I was thinking then...LOL. Anyhow, I always somehow have this belief that if I watch a football match with my father, nothing much will happen. And when it did, it always when I'm not noticing...or not around watching. Or maybe the weather in Frankfurt yesterday (the match was held at a stadium there) was maybe unbearable. Eh hello, if the weather forecast gave a 26 degree centigrade or around there for Frankfurt yesterday, I want to book an air ticket and fly there now to watch the World Cup at that moment. Hehe. That kind of temperature is almost what we want to imagine here! And the players had said about being hot and all that.
Okay, okay. Everyone had different ways of approaching all sorts of weather.
Maybe given that match was held at a reasonable timing for us at this side of the world (except on the opening day, three matches in a day - 9pm, 12 midnight the next day and a 3am one) at 9pm, so many were abuzz about what happened on the England-Paraguay match. And when many of us are so used to watching the English Premier League on our cable TV, it's all about...England on the papers today.
So, maybe I must be mad in supporting England this time round because it's like about everytime I hear, people are mostly supporting Brazil. Any other non-Brazil fans out there? Haha. Because since France 98 where I first started to follow the World Cup with my father (the football-mad one in the family), I never had any much opinions on which national squad will win and all that. But of course, I was very surprised and happy that the French squad won on their home soil when they hosted it because I remembered not many were saying much about their chances.
Normally the underdogs will prove their worth in such tournaments, but then maybe the winners can prove they are the ones to beat as well. Nothing is predictable. Just ask anyone who remembered about the last World Cup. Heh.