I had been sneezing lately and having blocked nose, all right. The last time I ate chicken was just yesterday afternoon during lunch. Packed lunch of mixed rice, that is. The reason I said that is because of the bird flu going around lately. To squash all the rumours which may come my way maybe because of the paranoid which may arouse because of this.
Anyhow, I had been taking those proper medication, okay? So, no paranoid there.
But then for now, it's the earthquake in Indonesia which is causing plenty of worry. It happened on last Saturday. Okay, it had actually never affected much in terms of the family maid who went back to visit her family and returning this Saturday. She lives in the eastern part of Java. All we can roughly guess is that there are only tremors is that area given someone who is from there who arrived in Singapore which was reported on the news of the reactions like on last Sunday.
Sigh. As much I had finished both Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code and read both books twice, I still need to return the books to the original owner and I asked my father so yesterday about it. Do you know my father had been asking me about it these few days? I told him I need it to read it both twice to get the idea. For that father of mine who knows his own daughter is a fast reader. Yes, yes, I do hold that title in the house. But it's like lately, it is not really the case these days. Even being a fast reader may led me to miss out on some of the things in those books my father had borrowed from his friend. Like in The Da Vinci Code movie, Remy is being revealed as - The Teacher. It's actually not that way in the book version. I so knew at that time as I watched the movie but then, I had no idea on The Teacher's identity. To frankly admit at first when I first finished the book, I have no clue who was this mysterious The Teacher. Until I read it again I knew who was it. To think my father who watched the movie with me was already aware Remy is not The Teacher at all. It's Remy's master - Sir Leigh Teabing.
I was flabbergasted when I read the book again. How come I never watched out the clues when the book's setting is in London? Eek. It totally makes sense after I read again. Now that is why!
In the case of Angels & Demons, so many things were left out for me because maybe I read too fast. So many things were being laid out for me to see as I read the second time. And with the chance that this one may be going to be adapted into a movie just like The Da Vinci Code, I need to read it again for the sake of clearing up my doubts. Science and religion...which one is the real winner? If you read the book, you will get the idea on what I mean. The on-going 'war' between both sides.
One sign of me getting back to real life - I began reading about the earthquake in Indonesia and discussing and trying to read more about the winning IR (integrated resort) bid from Las Vegas Sands after it was announced on last Friday to be the winner for the Marina Bay site. Now also with my father is starting to be a little World Cup crazy (*innocent*) because of the opening match on next week, maybe I can start going back into the real life. All that The Da Vinci Code talk had been making me discussing a lot of things about religion and everything.
Also for the first time, I reveal about what I actually really like which also made me so like the two books I read. Art. History. The ones among my most favourites. The first time where I said about why I am more towards a free-thinker despite of my family's religion. The first time where so many things I had always wanted to comment about religion came into the spotlight. The first time I can be really kind of pissed off at the media's comments because of the movie adaptation. The first time where I really wanted to know more about the religion that is one of the oldest in the world, apart from what I know in those chapel sessions from my primary school days of studying in a missionary school. For the record, still remembering about the school hymn actually still haunts me. The hymn is already haunting enough. Asking me to sing a few lines of it still makes me want to cry, sort of. Despite I had said before after reading The Da Vinci Code and watching the movie, I had sort of changed my views on Christianity. Seeing it in another light.
If ain't for those people out there who had been trying to tell the truth about Christianity and even having the church community turning their backs at them (you know who I am referring to, especially who wrote those two books I read and stated here), I think the world may be oblivious about it altogether...