Hehe. What a heavy rain today after lesson ended for the day. And it seemed like Mrs Low was not around for Business Statistics again for a second Friday in a row. I wondered why but then still, we were told to do assignments before we had to head home after class. I checked with the worksheets that she gave to our class and I realised that I did it beforehand! Smart, huh? But then Lai Peng and I being the smart ones who actually finished our work before today just did other questions in the worksheet. For the sake of being nice.
As I was watching the funeral service for our country's fourth president, the late Dr Wee Kim Wee (president to the country from 1985-1993), I began to wonder of something. Does Mrs Low took the time off to witness the ceremony before the televised event today? I mean, she told us that she knew the late former president because he was once her neighbour and he knew her husband more than her whenever they are within the neighbourhood. Now that at least add some personal touch to the entire event for me as I watched the funeral service on CNA today. Hmm.
But then looking at those happening on TV made me thought about what happened when I attended my late maternal grandfather's funeral. I understood for the very first time what it's like to lose someone you love. Very painful. For those few days attending the funeral, literally everything in the world had taken away from me. A 14-turning-15-year-old teenage girl then. That is me. It happened three years ago for me.
Sorry. I will get on with other lighter stuff.
We got back our Editing Skills results today. And guess what, I got 85 out of 100. In the actual fact, the paper was out of 20 and I got 17. And this means I improved by a mark from the previous time round. Not so much of a difference but still I'm glad the marks never fell. Phew.
There's news regarding the Olympic bid for 2012 Summer Games as I was reading the papers. Singapore will be the hosting nation for the city to be decided to host the 2012 Games. Yes, quite an honour for me where I live my entire life. Because I was reading the days leading to the selection here (it mentioned the list of events when the International Olympic Committee will be here in the first week of July) and it mentioned about Singapore being shown to the rest of the world for that few minutes or so when it comes to deciding the city for the committee. I realised, the rest of the world will be watching us here from Singapore when the results are out and the news will be reported to literally the four corners of the world). London, Paris, New York, Madrid and Moscow. These five cities are the remaining still in the running to host the 2012 Games and will be decided here on July 6. I wonder if the papers here refer to our local time or what.
For once, I'm so proud to be part of this great event; for once, the world media will focus their attention here; for once, the rest of the world will know more about Singapore...and lastly for once, I'm soooo proud of where I live. We are more than just a little red dot on the world map, you know. The name that many gave us and I just don't like it. Imagine me living with that name for so long! I just don't want to say it but times like this, I have to let it out.