I don't know. I was feeling a little hotter than usual today. Now I am getting a little freaked out. What if, it's a fever? Okay, touchwood! But then in the past for me especially during the school holidays, I will always the Internet till the wee hours of the morning and it gave way two years ago.
As a result then, I came down with the fever and flu, making everyone think I am under the SARS virus. Because I was sick for nine days before Christmas and okay the day after. Because actually back then in December 2003, there was a slight resurgence in the virus which first broke out around March 2003 till May. It was then I realised, I had gone a little overboard with my Internet usage. It was a real lesson learnt and I had been trying to prevent from sleeping late during the holidays if I had the feeling I am getting a little hotter than usual. It works each time after that saga which stretched till the day after Christmas. Not really a Christmas to remember about, except if you count Clay's TV interview with Diane Sawyer on CNA during Christmas night. From then on, I began to suspect it was after watching the TV interview that it turned things around for me. I know, a wishful thinking on my part. LOL.
Anyhow, I am using this now because Dad will be returning home tonight from China. The plane will touch down around 10pm or so. Alvin will be using this new computer (not talking about the laptop here, I mean), I guess. If Mother knew I am online, who knows maybe she will be like what happened in yesterday and the day before. At least it will do me good because I don't want to go to GV Marina this Thursday watching Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire with a 'heavy head'.
Speaking of the movie, Alvin bought The New Paper today which he told me that he will want to read it on the way to the airport with Mother. You see earlier today in the afternoon, my brother went out with Mother. At the 'SHOW' section of the paper, there is a feature about the fourth movie - highlights from the London press conference, features on the new cast members (Fleur Delacour, Viktor Krum, Cedric Diggory, Cho Chang, Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody) and who played those new characters. On two pages. Imagine me almost on the verge of swooning when I saw the feature for who is playing Cedric Diggory! I knew it will happen to me! Ha! Also at the final page of the Harry Potter feature for the fourth movie, it's a review of it and it's like, nothing bad to say about the new movie. 4.5 out of 5 ticks. The movie which will leave movie-goers 'spellbound'.
But then this is where which leads me into a little worry. Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire is considered to be the most thickest and fattest of the whole series as yet (37 chapters!) and the movie's duration - 157 minutes. Director Mike Newell (Four Weddings and A Funeral, Mona Lisa Smile are some of his works) has a daunting task of making the most out of it. I have to really hand it to him. Naturally and sadly, some scenes from the book has to deleted for the movie to make sure its movie-goers (and especially the fans of the Harry Potter series who may want to watch how the fourth book make it to the big screen) will not think it's draggy. It's because of that I had been worried how the various local media publications will view this fourth instalment. Other than today's The New Paper's review, I was watching the repeat of Channel U's Superfunkies yesterday night and there was a preview of the movie and review of it from local movie industry's insider. Rating - 4 out of 5 stars.
Now I am just waiting and hoping that tomorrow in The Straits Times's Life! Movies section, it will not be that bad. Life! Movies can a little well, harsh on such movies. It's just how I feel about it. I forgot what rating they gave for the previous movie but I remembered 8-Days gave it like 3.5 out of 5 stars. I am worried for these two ratings. Can be a little strict.
For those who had been reading the entries of late must had realised I had began to talk more about the character Cedric Diggory. Yes, I know. From what I learnt and understand from the Wikipedia page about the 'person' and the Harry Potter Lexicon's profile of Cedric, a few things struck out similar to me. Remember I say (I think it was on Saturday's entry) about the guy whom I had a crush on four years ago (and gasps, like in this fourth instalment, Harry has a crush too on Cho and he's 14 too) and never got the guts to tell him? I realised it this morning and almost wanted to bury my face! How come is that the guy I once had a crush on is almost similar (minus glasses part) to the new character in the Harry Potter series? Tall - check, handsome - check, prefect - okay, so Gerard was in the Student Leaders' in Sec. Three and Four and yeah, intelligent - check, quiet - not really... Okay, that is what I found out this morning.
Now darn. Why is that when I thought I can finally throw that memory out of my head forever (because it's worthless to think of it anymore though it was sweet once) and it keeps coming back, in the form of the movie for the fourth instalment of the Harry Potter series? Ahh! I am going to get goosebumps in the cinema hall, who knows.
Guess some things are just not meant to go away when you thought it's possible.
Now am I anticipating of watching it with excitement...or with a little heavy heart? Two more days left. Bye for now.