Friday, February 24, 2006

Counting oneself 'lucky'

How many times when a Friday for me means that I do not need to attend the morning assembly? On Wednesday, Mrs Wee announced in class during Auditing that because of the ITE student councillors' investiture (not in Bishan campus but at other campus which I had no idea where), there will be no Auditing on Friday, which is today.

And so, there's no need to attend the morning assembly today, which gave me the excuse to update now. I mean, it's rare on a Friday which happens like that.

After the last update, I got 93 out of 100 for the Advanced Accounting CA. I had thought I would stressed myself out last Thursday, not yesterday. Imagine me almost 'listless' after the paper which is a Budgeting question. At least I can say I survived Budgeting, for now. When Mrs Lee said in class on Tuesday (which is after the break then), she had not know about our SmartLedger results and so she cannot compute the percentage into Excel on her laptop for all to see on the projector. Soo Hong and I just looked at each other. SmartLedger had stressed us out, literally.

It was an eventful 1-hour at the auditorium on Wednesday after the morning assembly. Mrs Lam had to talk on exam matters, got a class to share about their experience of being entrepreneurs through using software, and even got my friend Soo Hong to share about the credit management course she attended in the last school holidays. How funny when Mrs Lam asked 'Miss Ang from IQU', I was acting as if nothing was happening. I knew Mrs Lam had got the surname mixed up. I thought, I saw across the auditorium where many of my classmates were at, were just being confused.

Sometimes to know why you had to be at the auditorium after the morning assembly, you got to be 'in the know'. I was there with Lai Peng when Mrs Lam saw Soo Hong with us weeks ago about tell Soo Hong to do a sharing about the credit management course she attended, So I tried not to give it away when Mrs Lam was asking for my friend up upon stage. Finally when Mrs Lam asked for 'Soo Hong from IQU', I just covered my head and pointed with my left hand to where my friend was. Bet almost all in the class (except within ourselves) had no idea that Soo Hong had to get on stage on Wednesday. I was 'smirking' away.

I thought classroom politics had almost taken a 'toll' on me on the day before and yesterday. Making me to be more speaking up! So after the last lesson on Wednesday which was Auditing, I kept my stuff after selecting which version of the class photo to buy (Mrs Wee had the 'samples' out for us to decide - one formal and two different candid ones). I went to open one of the doors which was closed, and most of the guys (like as if I don't know they will be there, maybe on purpose to see who can open that door) there must had been shocked I opened the door.

The guy who sat at few tables behind me in class (the same person whom I mentioned before whom I just hate to see in the class and outside!) was like saying something bad and I snapped back. I almost lost control of my temper then, you know! I almost screamed! I just left in a huff, without even realising when I was at the first floor, I saw my friends. It made me better, at least till yesterday's Customer Service lesson with Miss Foo. It's a sharing session on what we had covered in the module so far and Miss Foo told us that we will do the job by choosing one 'topic' to talk about as a group on Tuesday.

My friends and I picked on telephone manners. I almost stressed out on Wednesday night over the script and Soo Hong had messaged to even say she will help me out too. We managed to pull it off yesterday in the front of the class, without the contstant distraction from the guy I so hate. I was talking about why having essential telephone manners is important and I think I was quick enough to add in From the very nice to the very nasty when saying meeting people from all walks of life when writing my script on Wednesday night. Because I emphasised nasty loudly and that guy just overreacted. Ha, I so knew he was sensitive about it, because of what Mrs Lee once said in class of him. Overreacting on the small things.

Miss Foo was quick enough to stop him from distracting my friends and I presenting our topic. She had said earlier we were doing well. See what I say the niceties before still able to survive after that 'politics' in class. Smirking away was what I did in my head.

I went with my parents to get some groceries at NTUC yesterday night and in the car on the way home, we heard Seasons In The Sun on the radio. Not the Westlife version. LOL. I was singing softly and thinking, it was in Sec. One I first head the song during Youth Day celebrations in school. The carefree days before the 'storm' ahead.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...