One of those teams my father supports for each World Cup is Holland. Okay, okay. Some may say what is The Netherlands for? That is their other name. Yeah, the guys in orange (their jerseys in that colour) is another national squad my father has always support, other than England.
But then given the infamous internal bickering in the Dutch that always happened when World Cup looms, they still actually know how to play some serious football. Or at least it looks that for me. Because you know last night at the 9pm match where it's Serbia & Montenegro (how ironically...the two countries are each on their own after a referendum like last month or something, so this will be the first and last time they compete as two countries as one) versus Holland, I noticed my father was asleep most of the time. And to think he say he wants to watch. Ha ha. Anyhow, it was 1-0 to the Dutch squad. Oh yeah.
I had been looking at the World Cup fixtures that Dad had pinned up on the master's bedroom (the room he shared with Mother, like duh!) and so far, other than the shock in the match between Ecuador and Poland (1-0), it's mostly 'smooth-sailing' so far. Everyone has been saying that England needs to improve in their next match against Trinidad & Tobago because of the play-off time will be better than the first one as the squad had said about the Frankfurt's hot weather (28 degrees centigrade was the weather when they play in their opener over there, as being reported). So, no more excuse there. At least that is what the papers here are somehow saying.
I don't know somehow the lyrics to a song I had created in my head has been floating around these few days. And it even lead me to another story idea, again. But this one was my 'first-ever' story plot I had thought. Now when I think back when that idea first came into my head, I feel like I am ahead of my own time. LOL. I mean, given when I first got the idea, I was not in secondary school yet! The plot of a seemingly happily-married woman with two sons went to have an affair but then she never knew that the new guy in her life is actually colleagues with her husband. And I make it such that the husband and wife are actually, childhood sweethearts.
Goodness me too because the ending I had even thought about it back then! Without knowingly to the ex-wife's knowledge (by then they had officially divorced because it was the woman who wanted it as she cannot stand her married life anymore), the husband and his two sons had actually also boarded the same flight back home from New York City. They were in NYC for a holiday and the wife was actually there for a holiday on her own before the impending marriage with the new guy in her life. Days later where it's the morning of the wedding, the groom is not what the ex-wife has expected...whatever happened days before the marriage is being revealed to her. Given I am the sort who likes a happy ending, the groom is actually - the ex-husband. The new guy in her life had willingly bowed out of the 'competition' and let her to be with her ex-husband once again.
Now try to make it into a story plot. How now? Hehe. Given I am now rereading Wuthering Heights once again (because that is one of those I borrowed from the library), it's refreshing from what I once read five years ago from borrowing at the school library at that time. How freaky now Edgar Linton's character before he marries Catherine is somehow a little similar to what I want to think about the original story plot that is being renewed once again.
If you have no idea over what I mean there, then maybe I don't understand myself. Ha! Bye for now.