Now this is slightly more than the time I'm supposed to be in school. After all, Wednesdays is the shortest day for me to be in school. Lessons ended at 11.15am today. And it's already after after 12pm. You know I told the maid that I will be back before 1pm. Now I don't know if I can make it by then. I know the maid is understanding.
I was on the Internet, you see. Heh.
So after I posted my entry for yesterday, I saw Pei Ru. Damn. We chatted on a little on how a few of our ex-classmates from KCPPS are doing at the moment. Those good-old-days...
My dad and I always have these conversations we had while he's driving me to school and today, we are talking about the Olympics. Yeah, whose going to host in 2012. So many buzz over here (it was even being talked about on my dad's car radio too) because we are the host country to decide the outcome. In exactly a week from now...July 6. Between London, Paris, New York, Madrid and Moscow. My dad is saying Paris but I'm tied between London and Paris.
After all, Paris had two unsucessful bids before, and the most recent was back then they were fighting to host the 2008 Games which went to Beijing instead. I knew I read in the papers back then that many thought Paris is so going to get it but then on the other hand, Beijing is just so dead serious in hosting (at least from what I observed). Like what my dad said, China is an emerging superpower. Yup.
Security was the main reason why my dad is saying Paris. I also thought that security has to be one of the main criteria for the IOC (International Olympic Committee) members to decide who should be given the nod. But my choice was partly because of 'biasesness'. LOL. I love both London and Paris. I like New York too but...post-9/11 issues is still ingering. And my dad brought up one point which I thought is probably reasonable. The French president has always been very vocal about the war in Iraq and was against it from the start. The British Prime Minister whereas had been supporting that.
Oops. Looks like I'm talking a little too much.
But then, this is one major event that is like on a major scale and it's quite an honour for me to know that Singapore is the deciding venue for the 2012 Games.