Tuesday, January 04, 2005

SingPass and alma mater news

Now actually I was planning to head to the gym that is located downstairs at the condo I lived in this afternoon but then somehow I never went. The family had a field day. Well, almost. One of my grandmother's toe was bleeding. I don't know what is the cause but then it sent especially Mother into a frenzy. She's my grandmother's daughter! But then my grandmother was fine, thank you very much.

So what I did the entire afternoon was to listen to those CDs I got. And reading two more chapters from Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix. I think I got four or five more chapters to go before it's Chapter 38. The final chapter. Heh. I even almost fell asleep when I'm listening to Clay's MOAM on my CD player! Oops. It was when I heard the beginning strains of the final track from the album- Touch, I then woke up and realised that the AI3 rerun is going to be on TV. I was bored and wanted to watch something on TV, that's why.

Gee, I wonder when was the last time I received a letter. It happened today. It came from the government. It mentioned that I got my SingPass (which stands for Singapore Personal Access) today. With this and the SingPass ID (which is actually my Identification Card number), I can access to government's services online. Have to go to eCitizen though. Heard of that before actually. But then now I feel like a grown-up all of a sudden. Me turning 18 come August, if you want to know.

So I heard that my alma mater BPS (Bishan Park Secondary) has changed a new principal. I knew about that through my brother who is studying there already. But what I never expected was that Miss Daisy Tan's demotion to be a primary school discipline mistress (as according to my secondary school best friend Hui Min's blog) caused the resignation of some of the teachers I know and love! Mdm Tung, Mr Chen were some of the teachers that Hui Min commented to my blog. Horrors! Mdm Tung used to be my Maths teacher when I was in Sec 2 and she's actually the HOD for the Science Department (she does teaches Science too)! Mr Chen? He was my Science teacher when I was in Sec 2 and became my Chemistry teacher in Sec 3 and 4. Both of them were quite nice people. According to Hui Min, Mr Chen had transferred to the school that our former secondary school principal (not Daisy Tan) Mr Lim is at now. Forgotten the name of the school already. Ouch!

But Miss Daisy Tan's departure from BPS was somehow like a celebration for me. I know I'm bad but then back then when she was in charge at my final year in the school the year before, many of my classmates and schoolmates seemed to hate her! I kind of belong to that too, even though my ex-classmates used to tell me that since I'm Mr David Lee's (our Accounts teacher in Sec 3 and 4) pet (like real!), I'm on Mr Lee's side all the time. Hey, I have a clear mind of which side I belong to in terms of certain events!

You know why I drag Mr Lee into the picture? Because I remembered back then Miss Tan told us that she used to be an Accounts teacher that my ex-classmates used to tease the two of them to be together. The two of them are single, even though Miss Tan was older than Mr Lee. Hehe. And also because since I'm always among the highest in class (don't ask me why) when it comes to Accounts, almost everyone in the class then said that I was Mr Lee's pet. Haha. So funny. But then Mr Lee is actually one of the teachers I admire in my BPS years, I have to admit. He teaches quite well. He knows what he is talking about. But he can a loner sometimes, as according to what some of the teachers noticed.

Still, it's because of my Accounts results back then in class, my growing love for the subject and Mr Lee's passion for the subject that got me choosing to pursue Accoutancy when I'm being posted to ITE Bishan. I can be an accountant someday. More career options, if I can't be a teacher which is my childhood ambition actually.

So I asked my brother earlier on if Mr David Lee is still teaching in BPS, my brother answered a 'Yes' because he said that one of his ex-classmates (my brother is from 2E1 last year and he's in 3E1 now) is now transferred to another class and studying Accounts and the teacher is Mr David Lee. Because I got this nasty thought in my mind that Mr David Lee might had resigned because of Miss Daisy Tan. Okay, I will shut up.

Edit: My background music has changed to Kelly Clarkson's The Trouble With Love Is, if you are wondering. Yeah.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...