If anyone wants to know who is the best actor from my class of IQH, the one that will win hands down is our class monitor - Hua Long. You see, Ms Foo had got us worked out a scenario within our own groups on a situation where one party keep asking questions and the other has to answer back. This is on one of the chapters for Communication for Business - Questioning Skills that Ms Foo started with us today.
I'm with Soo Hong and Lai Peng and our scenario is about a teenager who came home the next day and the thing is that he/she never told her parent about it. The parent only saw the teenager came home the next day and began asking questions... So, that's our story. It's up to the rest of the class to decide how this will go. And our group's scenario is the first one to be done! Cool.
So after that was done, it was Sook Ping's group. And I understood why she said that it would be 'interesting'. Because the scenario her group had worked out is like this - a boyfriend and girlfriend had been dating for five years and the guy wants to propose to his girlfriend but then...there's a problem. The girl used to be a guy before! You see, according to Sook Ping who briefed us on it, the 'guy' went for a sex-change operation. And that's the tricky part.
Even before the groups could got started with the scenario, Ms Foo began to annouce something. She wanted Hua Long to act as the 'girl' (she noticed when she went to Hua Long's group and watched how he and his group worked out the scenario that my group had put up and he acted so well into his role!) and practically everyone of us in the class was in hysterics, especially me (I noticed it myself). And the 'guy'? Ms Foo wanted one of the guys in the class to be one and they all protested. The girls were like wanting the guys to be sporting, even Ms Foo herself. Okay, so Hua Long did acted as the 'girlfriend' and Edward (he volunteered out of own accord) to be the 'boyfriend'. Haha!
It just became a laughing fest for us girls in the class and Ms Foo smiling when Edward and Hua Long acted out their parts. Ms Foo even told the girls quietly as it was going on that it's like almost in a Drama Club. I agree. Really, Hua Long acted a girl so convincingly that I just had a kick out of it. And okay, the whole thing did came to an end and lesson was about to end. Sob! But then all good things must come to an end.
You know during Chinese Orchestra, I was in a blur most of the time (the notes are confusing me!) and this caused the conductor Mr Ng to look at me when I had to play solo on my erhu and in a fierce manner when I had to play the few bars that he instructed from the scoresheet. This is freaking embarrassing among my juniors. When the whole thing was over, I heaved a sigh of relief. Phew!