Friday, May 20, 2005

The Impossible Dream

And so my entry for the Golden Point Award had been sent today in the mail. Since Mother works for SingPost, she did told me yesterday that it could be sent within the same day (which is well, today) by some sort of service. Yes.

Dad actually came home today and did the final touches with me. He wanted to make sure that we followed the rules and regulations before submitting, because if not, it's going to jepordiaze my chances in the competition. And we managed to do it. So after Dad left for office, I began to think to myself - Here goes nothing. I know, I know. I must try to be a little more optimistic as the results will be known in August, as according to the rules and regulations. Dad even printed out a copy of my work from his office before his return today for me to keep. So I read briefly after dinner and I cannot believe that was what I had written on Microsoft Word!

You know the day before Dad asked me what was my story all about and if whether it's based on my own experiences or not. I was a little stumped by those queries, you know? Partly the reason why my story went that way is because of Gerard. You can say he's the inspiration to my short story entry. All that happened four years ago. And I even added some fiction in it. Have to. Hehe.

I know I should not be talking too much about my entry but then I thought, I want to quote something from my short story entry. The very last paragraph of my story...

After all, everything only really began after Marianne was being transferred to George's class when she was in Secondary Two. Now it's up to George and Marianne to continue their journey for the rest of their lives.

Maybe I did said it before about Marianne, who is my main character in the story. George, is well, you know. Yeah right, me and my delusional thinking. I just love happy, sappy and nice endings. It always gives me a warm feeling.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...