It's already weird enough that I realised my sister Felicia was taking an afternoon nap while she has a paper tomorrow and me, the O Level retake next month (and me doing the Maths TYS), it's already weird and freaky coincidence that I was watching Channel 8's Zoe's Treasure Trove, it was showing about a martial arts school for kids and having those Bruce Lee posters on the wall reminds me that I just watched the biopic on Star Movies in the afternoon...
So, you can imagine as I was watching the National Geographic on 7/7: Attack on London, whatever happened on that day now of a sudden, seemed to happened one after another. As a result, I feel a little weird now. It all starting with the events on July 6...here in Singapore. Naturally now if anyone is piecing together to form the story on what happened on the morning of 7/7 in London, it will go back to - here.
I am still having the goosebumps as the documentary I watched just now started with...the fateful Olympic announcement from here and the jubilation happening at my own backyard. I knew that will come. It will in the future if any wants to talk of it. Whenever 7/7/2005 will be mentioned, especially on London. I knew the fateful announcement is something I want to hold on to for the rest of my life, but the bombings less than 24 hours later will dampen it all. I don't know, I just don't know.
Watching the news footages on National Geographic (where it replayed BBC Radio Five Live's morning report of the successful 2012 Games bid here and it mentioned Singapore, the British Prime Minister Tony Blair prior to knowing of the bombings to knowing it, the London mayor giving his statement where he was right here with the London team for the 2012 bid) and the interviews of the people who went through it and survived, was almost making me choking back tears. I will always think back that just the day before (going back to what happened then), the British Prime Minister was here before off to chair the G8 summit!
Naturally then I became of a sudden fed-up if anyone wants to deduce that it was of a result of the Olympic decision right here and I will always feel like screaming at anyone that it had nothing to do with it! News reports came out later that it had nothing to do with that, whatsover. On July 6 and the days before, London and the whole of UK (oh yeah, I dare say) had begun to hear loads of stories coming out of here (where Singapore began to get mentions like maybe most of the time because of the 2012 bid vote is held here; I mean, it's always fun and interesting and nice to know of the other viewpoint) regarding to their country's captial intentions of hosting the 2012 Games and on July 7...everything changed overnight.
I supposed the documentary on the July 7 bombings was did before the news I read in The Straits Times like yesterday or today that another was arrested in connection to the bombings on July 7 because it never went into that.
Anyways, the whole event will be indirectly affecting my life for as long as I live, just like the historic Olympic decision and the amazing show we in Singapore had put up for the 117th IOC Session and the vote.
Lest we forget those who lost their lives to the bombings, lest we forget the events of the July 7 London bombings.