I was doing a victory chant in my head after I had learnt about the even more updated casting of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as I was in school today at the Self-Access Room before I went off for Chinese Orchestra practice. It's real funny that at that time, I must be thinking that I had moved on after GOF.
Or maybe I was wrong. Shades of the fourth book will continue to linger in the fifth one, where the fifth movie will be flimed as well soon. I was secretly wishing (very interesting, I know) to watch about those nightmares Harry got when he dreamt of the night when Lord Voldermort returned on the movie screen. But when I reread those parts in the Order of the Phoenix after watching GOF on screen, I almost cried. Ah!!!!! The innocent Cedric continues to 'haunt' the memory! Interesting enough, I was hoping to see those Occulumency lessons Snape had taught Harry. That will be the other poignant moment where the scene from the fourth book returned.
Ha, but then I want to see 'Snape's Worst Memory' on screen as well! And I mean, nothing should be left out of that scene! *pretend evil laugh* Hahaha!
Or maybe, I will be 'swearing' in my head once more (the GOF's scene at the graveyard was when I did most of my 'swearing' in my head after the murder happened) when I see Professor Umbridge on screen. Ha ha, as if wanting to rant and yell at those classmates of mine of late is not enough already. Well, it's because of the little tensions. Sigh! But for those who know the plot in the fifth book, to me, nasty teachers (not really in my experience), nasty people we know from school...all looked so nice in front of Dolores Umbridge. Hem, hem! LOL, that is her most famous line. The sentence before this.
Speaking of teachers and all, it's just so reminds me. I saw two ex-classmates on today and even the day before. The day before it's from secondary school. I thought I almost jumped when Ai Keng called me then. Geez, I really cannot hide anywhere! Haha! We just chatted how's life and all. She is the first friend in our future class I made during the school orientation back then. And just today, it's from primary school. But then she never saw me. Also with one of the recurring topics about concerned parents writing to The Straits Times about their kids having to wake up very early for school which appeared at yesterday's edition mentioned a name that rang a bell in my head. I was chatting with Dad about something as we were watching cable TV (the EPL preview show on ESPN) and that came up. I asked for Dad about the paper and I showed him the name of the former vice-principal of BPS who became a principal at another school. A primary school. Right in all our speculations back then in my graduating year at BPS, the training course which Mr William Pushpam (he is an Indian, if you want to know) attended was to 'upgrade' himself in being a school principal. Many of us wondered back then why he never returned and became the principal of BPS.
To say, we rather prefer him be the principal. When Dad asked me why, I just said that our new principal then had changed almost everything how the BPS I once knew and even some of the teachers were like never really like her too. One of those things I never like to talk about, you know? But at least I know I still had BPS somewhere in me even after graduation. After all, I passed by there everyday after school on the way home. LOL.
As Felicia and I were waiting to get out new passport-sized photos at the shop at Junction 8 today while Dad went to buy two bottles of root beer, she was talking more about my Primary Five and Six form teacher Miss Goh. Initally in the car beforehand, she talked about it. I told my sister that one of those things Miss Goh reminded our class then was about, manners. Yes, Miss Goh is more than reminding about the pronounciation and the standards of the English language from her own form class seven years ago. One of those things I never really like seven years back (do I saw the reason why then? LOL), but realised the usefulness years down the road.
Soo Hong was talking about that once I had finished reading the entire set of about manners and etiquette in different settings, I will know what to do and behave even more. LOL! That is because before the Chinese New Year holidays, Miss Foo was asking who wanted the set and she lent Soo Hong the original copy yesterday to photocopy for those who are interested which Miss Foo had taken note of. I was reading the set today during the Auditing case study class (I am in a 'mini group' with Soo Hong, Lai Peng and Janice are in the other 'mini group' and Miss Foo called for the other group to her place today before it's us) and after I finished that, she made that 'joke'. Hehe.
You know, for some things, it's not really worth it to be making fun of. Even when trying to put your message across a cartoon about a religion. Even if you are under a rock, you must had heard about the controversial cartoons that first published by a Danish newspaper about Islam. It ain't something to be laughed at! Yes, I know what is democracy and it is exactly the same reason why some other European countries like France, Germany, Spain and Switzerland used that reason to do that to publish the cartoons in their newspapers too. I was almost shaking my head vigorously when I learnt of that. And being aghast as well. Dad just shook his head over the angry reactions. I told him back that it's like others making fun of a country and it's only natural the people in the country can be not happy about it. Or maybe Dad is a free-thinker himself. OY, I am the same as him too! But I am as shocked as how the whole thing had became.
Probably like in the world of the Harry Potter series, the child characters slowly learnt that not everything is in black or white as the books progresses (the turning point maybe came in the fourth book). Some things can be rather blurred. It's the same about those cartoons too. Not because it's freedom of speech, not because it is democracy, publishing such things is nothing to be worried about. You are talking about a religion that often in my opinion, being misunderstood.