Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Suspicious Minds

Nowadays whenever people see a suspicious object lying around, they will always try to report to the authorities or maybe ignore it. But what do you do when you see something like that in a classroom and on your table as well?

That was what happened to me today when I returned to class after being in the Self-Access Room during the break. I knew something fishy was going on within the guys when they told me that it was meant for me. A box, I mean. Small one. They, especially Edward (I remember) asked me to open it and see what's inside. I knew it was a little odd that out of the blue, I got a box on the table where I sat in class! Actually the table is suitable for two students and so Soo Hong and I share it. I told the guys that I will open after I came back from the locker. So I went out of the class and headed to my locker to get my Intermediate Accounting file (I need to do some filing in there, that's why) before returning to class with a little apprehensive because I was wondering what occasion is it as my birthday (the first that came into my mind) has not arrived yet.

As I expected, the guys asked me to open the box and I asked them what was it inside. They then began to explain as it was something that Miss Foo bought for the class to eat (aha, food inside when I learnt that) and so I opened carefully in order to be careful. You can't be too sure of what the guys say because they can be up to plenty of tricks. I may not have experienced it that much directly during my KCPPS and BPS days but being in a co-ed environment since I started kindergarden (my two alma maters are co-ed schools too), I roughly knew what guys usually do in class, if I dare say so. Hehe.

It's an assortment of cakes, except that there's three left. I forgot who said it but he said that it was meant for Soo Hong, Lai Peng and I. And to prove that it was meant 'for the class', I saw Janice Cheong (our new classmate) was eating one of those! So I just chose what I eat and saw down on my seat eating away. Heh.

Actually even as I was eating the cake (the bell has not rung yet for Intermediate Accounting), I was still a little suspicious. Even though I had finished eating the cake and I threw the wrapper outside (where there's dustbin, I mean) and saw Hali along the way (he told me that it was Miss Foo who brought it for the class), I was still not really convinced yet.

I did not really think about it much when we were having SW today. Sports & Wellness, I mean. Or if you like, PE.

Guess now you know why I named my entry title that way. I once read it before that it was one of the late Elvis's songs. Yes.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...