Nah, you know it's actually quite tempting to put The hills are alive...with the sound of music! as the title for today's entry because I'm going to watch The Sound Of Music tonight at The Esplanade with my parents. I was like the 'last-minute' addition, you know? Initally, Dad only got two tickets for himself and Mother (she wanted to go) as that's what every employee in the company he works for give - one for themselves and another for their spouses. But then it happened that one of his colleagues is not able to make it and so, one of the tickets goes to...yours truly.
After all, I had always wanted to watch the musical and whatsmore, the Broadway production are here! Now that's quite a standard itself. And so I'm so excited! There's going to be buffet dinner before we watching the musical. You know it's a little odd that this morning that Mother called and after the maid answered, she told me that Alvin and Felicia are joining Dad, Mother and I tonight. Odd! For them, even watching a musical production can be kind of like a bore. Especially for Alvin. We two may be brother and sister, but then our interests are like night and day.
You know what happened today during Communication For Business, before the lesson for now at the moment - Information Technology? Of all people I know, Edward (who is now the councillor) asked if anyone wanted to skip IT and he said that someone in the class will definitely not skip it. I know he's referring to me and I just kept quiet. What kind of person is this, I tell you?! Had I been not that nice earlier on, I would had give him a piece of my mind!
It was rather bizarre that when Wei Lun was sitting next to me (as in, the monitor he uses is next to mine in the IT lab when we were having Communication For Business) and Edmund said that we are 'husband and wife'. Ew! Where on earth does the resident comedian of the class get the idea? Silly!
I know I never updated this yesterday because you know, American Idol and The Amazing Race are on the telly yesterday night here and I only come online in the afternoon. Yeah, since yesterday was Mother's birthday, we ate the birthday cake and after that, everyone except the maid, my grandmother and I left for some game of bowling before they came home and fetched us for dinner outside. To celebrate Mother's birthday, of course!
I was reading the commentaries online this morning (I mean, school starts at 10.15am today for me) and I was a little sick about what they say about my favourite girl - Carrie Underwood. I know, I understand that Carrie took a risk yesterday night with the song she sang that was released on the year she was born (Love Is A Battlefield came out in 1982, the year Carrie was born), a little on the rock side (she's quite a country girl herself)...but it was a change from the usual Carrie I know! Still okay for me. And she was safe for this week! Yes, I read the spoilers online because I know I may not have the chance to watch it tonight even though The Sound Of Music might had ended by then (there may be loads of people like the time when I watched Mamma Mia! with one of my elder cousins and her husband and sister-in-law last November). I read that it was a shocker and guess what? Nadia Turner is out. Oh dear. I do kind of like her, you know? Oh well, that's how stuff goes around on the show, I guess. You can't change it. Anyhow, at least I know I will be enjoying myself tonight totally!
And I understand why they have yesterday's episode of The Amazing Race for a two-hour show. The second hour is a recap of how the show was going on till now. At least gave me a chance to catch up with those I missed (two or three episodes, I think) and reminisiced those that I watched. Ha ha, Rob and Amber who were the first to arrive when they were in India (the latest country the teams are in), thought when they met Phil (the host), it was the Pit-Stop...but it was not! Phil sprang the surprise on them and I grinned. I had never really like the couple, especially Rob. I know he and Amber were once on the Survivor series (I never watched an episode though and so smack me!), but then hey, you can't use your status on that show for The Amazing Race! Just because viewers will know you even before this new season began, huh? I don't know, I don't think I make any sense here but then he always make me sick. Sort of.
Everyone has their own opinion, I guess. Some may like Romber (which is termed by many The Amazing Race fans), some may not. I belonged to the latter.
Okay, I have to stop here now and get ready to head for the buffet dinner and watching the musical at The Esplanade which I had actually seen the movie version before on Channel 5 on Good Friday tonight - The Sound Of Music. Going to be a heck of the show, I know! Whee!