It was a kind of celebration that is with a difference! I almost 'embarrassed' myself as I was playing hopscotch and Mrs Ong (Costing lecturer) is not here today too.
Oh well, today is the revision test for the CA next Tuesday. It's on P&L Appropriation and the Balance Sheet and tomorrow, all about Goodwill and stuff. And really, so many careless mistakes for me! And Soo Hong said that I need not worry too much because it's not included in the CA. Because if not, oh my...
During break, I never went over to the Self-Access Room. Just went to the canteen with Janice, Soo Hong and Lai Peng to have lunch then checking out the exhibits as it's Racial Harmony Day today. Not an offical holiday but it's something which we must remind ourselves that we have to learn to respect each other's race and religion, especially in view of the London bombings exactly two weeks ago. And you know, it was 41 years ago on this day, there was a racial riot going on which led to the event on the Singapore calendar from then on - Racial Harmony Day.
I had lived in a multi-racial, multi-cultural society ever since the day I came into this world. I had learnt to respect and tolerate other people's beliefs. That is what we had been told from school. So that is why the government make sure that the minority races in the country (Chinese is the majority) are not been ignored in terms of class allocation in schools. So, which is why I do have Malay and Indian classmates and back then in secondary school, classmates beyond this place where I live in! Making it so international of sorts, you think?
So I think it was yesterday's editiorial in The Straits Times that there was an article on the reflection of the London bombings. Talking about the minorites in the UK. I was actually surprised at how it's like. Maybe I had took our racial harmony here for granted all these years in my life. The 9/11 case also woke me up too. This is the second awakening for me, I guess.
Yeah, back to today. After the lunch, it's checking out the exhibits near the Ampitheatre. Janice went to play hopscotch and I just stood nearby to watch. Soo Hong and Lai Peng were doing quizzes. It was later on the kid in me urged me to go play hopscotch. I so missed all the fun! After my graduation from KCPPS (Kuo Chuan Presbyterain Primary School) six years ago, I had never played that again. Because back then, the school carpark had all those for us to play. Especially with me playing with my classmates and friends during recess. So I played it again today and almost went clumsy at first! But soon, all the fun came back...with a 'price' to pay.
The guys took pics of me from whose handphone I had no idea. From faraway too. I knew this would happened anyway. Janice was lucky then because they were not around then. And Edmund even did an imitation of me in class after the break (which we later found out from Hua Long that Mrs Ong was not in school today)! I wanted to hide my face! Oh well, at least I got a prize (a set of Chinese chess, anyone?) from participating.
Oh yeah. Today is also Miss Lim's birthday. My Sec 3 and 4 Physics teacher and my form teacher in Sec 4. She once taught Alvin when he was in Sec One for Science. Hahaha! Okay, I can always so remember how we celebrated our form teacher's birthday from the entire class of 4E3 (2003) and the past Racial Harmony Day celebrations both in KCPPS and BPS years.
Always so fun to remember...