There is this line in a song which goes like this - I close my eyes, and all I see is you... It's just that early this afternoon as I was listening to the radio, I took a quick nap and when my eyes closed...it's no longer Gerard I see.
Horrors, or not? I think from the Christmas entry, you all will probably guess (I cannot say all those who are reading this) who is this person now. I had to open my eyes each time it happened. It's like a, nightmare. I mean, too much of thinking and analysing the smilarities and differences of my past school memories with the Goblet of Fire movie is a little scary. Please, I need something to distract me. But sometimes, it can be a little too real...whatever might had happened four years ago is reappearing in my mind, in my head. So many times I had said this but then, what can I do when I am too sentimental sometimes?
Now off to reflections of 2005 before the tomorrow's trip to Malaysia. I was watching CNA's Singapore 2005 this morning and it's a recollection of whatever is big and rocking the country this year. The big news were being covered (integrated resorts, 117th IOC Session, the NKF saga...) as well as other noteworthy ones too. It had given me more ideas to it.
A continuation of the sports scene here in 2005. Overall, it had been a pretty not-so-bad year for the sports scene. Starting with the Tiger Cup win in January right on home soil is definitely a good sign, but then when the SEA Games came in the Phillppines, the football squad did not did that well. But still, the other sports segments (like surprise segments - gymanstics, fencing) reaping in the medals, gold, silver, bronze or not. And it's the beginning of what's to come - Commonwealth Games in Melbourne and the Asian Games in Doha, both next year. Definitely, the 117th IOC Session here in July had raised the bar here, and it's certainly just a beginning.
Bird flu, dengue...health scares seemed to be the other thing the media is worried about, other than terrorism and natural disasters too this year. Speaking of dengue, it had almost hit a record high of number of cases here and the region too. But we did managed to survive through, just like the SARS outbreak in 2003.
Just when we almost had enough of murder cases (ew), the 'mother', of all murder trials took place this year. The Huang Na saga attracted the most attention and it draw questions that whether we had discussed too much about it. And if that is not enough of murder cases and trials, how about one where the employer murdered his own young employee from China just because she found someone who is of the same age as her? It's all because of love, and jealousy. And you know, it's no ordinary murder. The body was being chopped up into pieces. Ew!! If that is not enough to shook, how about a maid killing her own countrywoman because of over some love reasons and the body was chopped up to pieces too.
Going a little bit beyond the shores of Singapore...the execution of the Australian-Vietnamese drug trafficker here (because he committed the crime here) and causing literally a big furore Down Under. But later after all that, The Straits Times team went to Down Under and find out why such things are evident in the country where many loves. Shocking, eh?
Racial riots in France and Australia...not another in both very nice and beautiful countries. But it's in the poor areas of Paris and a Sydney beach respectively. A reminder of the same thing again...racial tolerance.
Ha. The biggest thing that seemed to happened in terms of local politics this year...the presidential election. I know all along it had drawn criticisms of how it's being done and such, and it's happening again. I almost came to 'blows' with Dad over the issue. I guess things sometimes have to read very carefully.
So many stuff now. Off to Malaysia tomorrow. Bye!