Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Different agendas

What the heck. Being a Harry Potter fan who often checked out those fan sites when I am online, I was aware yesterday that the first teaser trailer for the next Potter film (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) was out and I told myself not to watch it. But, damn. I was watching News 5 Tonight last night on Channel 5 and towards the end of the news bulletin, there was a report and clips from the new trailer.

It's hard to avoid it. Given the Potter series is just so popular worldwide. And also somehow, my father brought up the kissing scene in the new movie last night. I explained to him that it's in the book actually and the movie producers never did it their own way (I paraphrased the second part of the sentence). So if anyone is hooting because of a kissing scene in a Potter film, so be it. It was part of the book already anyway. The story was that Cho was still grieving over her boyfriend Cedric's death (I don't want to talk how the death came about...just find it out yourself because I don't want to reveal so much but I can only say it happened in the previous Potter adventure) and she told Harry she liked him.

Now, I just can't seemed to wait for the new instalment. Have to wait till like July 13 next year. About a month and two days ahead of my birthday by then. If the new teaser trailer is anything to go by, Professor Snape is going to be very....nasty. But then he has been like that all along. I am just hoping in the seventh and final instalment, we Potter fans will know exactly why he is the person he is in the books. His personality is very blurred towards the end of the sixth book.

So apparently the new computer will not arrive into the family till early December. Naturally my first reaction in my head was - 'What?!'. I reacted to that in view of my father who told us how it's been getting. But then it was a blessing in disguise when I think about it very much later because the new furniture to accompany the old computer will be arriving later today and my father had actually taken a half-day off to see it being done. The current computer table is maybe on the verge of...collasping. And remember what I said about the big clear-up on Sunday? The computer table was part of it. Those unwanted stuff surrounding the table was being cleared away.

I seemed to notice that my brother, sister and I all have different agendas whenever we are on YouTube. Yes, I am talking about the hugely popular video-sharing website which created buzz for all the right and wrong reasons. I noticed the differences last night. My brother was watching those funny videos, my sister only visit the site if there's anything interests her, and for myself (I was not using the computer last night, only my brother and sister)...it's to search those music videos.

We don't even subscribe to MTV in the beginning. But then even if we have it, I may not be interested as much. You want me to sit and wait for long before my favourite song came along on MTV? I don't think I have the patience to sit through it. Yes, I am squashing away the general thinking from the adults who always say teens nowadays all swear on MTV. Not, me. Now there's even YouTube. We can find out the videos we want by just typing in the keywords to the search engine in YouTube.

But come on, didn't MTV was created in the 80s? So why say the teens of today all watch that? Dude, many of us were in our nappies or are learning how to walk at that time. Adults sometimes nowadays...really.

Earlier on I talked about YouTube creating buzz for all the right and wrong reasons. The right part is referring to people being able to search for the videos they want without much of a hassle. The wrong part is when people actually upload videos which may contain copyright material which they are not aware of. And that already had caused some of the relevant authorities up in arms.

Unfortunately but true, the case of moral issue had crept into the cyberworld even. But given YouTube is even declared as the invention of the year...it's a very good thing. Generating business for some at the same time too. Everyone just have different agendas when they are online.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...